Rear wash wipe problem........

arS4

Reaction score
Hi,

My rear wash wipe's not "washing"! wiper works and I can hear the motor for the wash.

I think the pipe's come undone at a T piece or something, as the wash solution seems to be leaking out somewhere in the tailgate

So, how do I remove the tailgate trim to start tracing it back?

Any ideas?

I would have thought it's the same process as removing the trim to replace the high visibility brake light.....

Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dano

Undo the couple of visible screws around the rear screen and the main panel pulls off.

If you open the right hand pocket / flap the pipe can be accessed in there.

It also runs across the front passenger footwell (which is where mine leaks). What seems to happen is that the pipe gets hard and it leaks from one of the joints. Or from the wiper motor itself.

Take a look at this thread from a while back; its primarily about the A3, and there's a lot to read, but I had the same problem with my A4, and as well as a bad water-pipe connection on the wiper motor itself there was also a problem with the wiper motor...
Read it all and am sure you will sort it out.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/sho...true#Post366843

Thanks for the heads up - have got in touch with a few of them to get started on it this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Once it stoppes blummin raining!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DanoS4

Also "Thanks" to mark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Will have a look this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DanoS4