Torque settings

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Whats the torque settings for turbo to manifold bolts and cat to turbo nuts.

going to throw the F21 on today. :)

Its on, one of turbo bolts was ready for snapping so retightened and applied some heat that evetually budged it then when i came to top up the coolant and removed the cap it started to run out from the turbo area which i think is the block to turbo pipe, new oil and filter done aswell got the wastegate just cracking at around 10psi, found both n75 to turbo pipes were shot went to do the 3" maf/injectors but didnt have a security Torx 20 to swap the sensor out to the bigger MAF. Took about just over an hour to remove then about same swapping bits over on the bench then building back up then an hour later more or less done forgot to put the support bracket on D'OH then the coolant issue just p***ed me off and work was closing in 30mins so thought i will tackle it tomorrow with a fresh head lol !!

Took one of the service cars (skoda rapid 1.2TFSI) its far from rapid lol so going to take my vagcom to see what MAF figures im seeing hopefully some what close to the 230hp your seeing.

Reactions: Broken Byzan
What other channels should i log with the MAF readings ?? Lambda, Injectors etc ??

These m3.8 ecus are stupid and dont provide much thats any use.

They dont provide lambda readings AFAIK.

All i did was log MAF and ignition timing correction factors to make sure they werent too high.

Oh and check the fuel trims are sensible once its upto temperature. I think mine sits around +7 mult

Well its running but developed a misfire straight after coming on boost a couple of times only reached 7-8 psi, number 4 injector seems to rotate quite freely compared to the other 3 and seemed to change idle tone when moving/proding the injectors, threw the towel in and took the skoda rapid as just could not be ***** lol will check it over monday really contemplating on getting another daily and make this my toy/project.

Id probably say it needs a rebuild as was slight in/out play and was smoking at idle after sat in traffic fir a minute or two and possibly needs a new compressor wheel and you would need an exhaust housing machined to take the bigger turbine and also a wastgate and bracket. Not sure what im after for it £100 posted ?

Oh and forgot to mention the coolant leak was the block pipe banjo bolt loose (never hand tighten things) must off forgot when coming to line the comp/chra inline with each other.

Just checked injector resistances and all showing 12ohms just got a set of PFR6Q's for £7.20 inc vat off work just incase there fouled from it having the split hose as going to do compression test so thought i will replace them while there out as think there due replacing anyway. Hopefully its just a coil pack or the plugs.

Will test on my dinner and see whats the script.

Not checked yet but think its a duff injector so just going to switch back the MAF/injectors till i get another injector.

Its not firing on number 4 as i found when disconnecting coils swapped to 3 still on number 4 checked plugs all ok but are getting replaced anyway.

Compessions are as follows :-

1- 180psi
2- 170psi
3- 175psi
4- 170psi

before i swap them out after work will just flick 1 and 4 injectors round to rule out wiring.

Right its alive with the 3" maf and injectors, i swapped injectors 4 and 1 round and cleaned the top feed of number 4 and its fine unless it was the spark plug but there was no visible signs of failure also for some reason its only running 8psi although with the mityvac it cracked at 10psi so may have been reading on the slightly high side (can this be adjusted in situ or is it a pita ??)

Its pulling alot better and alot more go at high speeds aswell and doesnt seem as laggy as before. My vagcom seems to have stopped working and is giving me this :-

Also aragorn what exact channels do i need to log i couldnt see one headed fuel trim ??