K04 swap bits

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
Had a bit of a shove on this and not being beaten by the prang. I have;

Turbo, C20 LET injectors, VR6 Golf MAF sensor, 2.5" to 3" adapter hose

What else so I need as I'm having a brain fart.

I think you need to swap the fuel pressure regulator out for a 3 bar one if your wanting to run the C20LET injectors untuned.

The stock K03 TIP doesnt fit the K04 compressor housing, you need a bigger tip that fits both the turbo and 3" maf. This is the trickiest bit to sort i recon. I managed to get Frankenturbo to sell me one.

You also want to use the VR6 maf housing but retain your original sensor.

Forgot about 3 bar FPR. I recall being told I could use a Vauxhall time? Ready tough with MAF, has to buy a complete unit though to get housing.

Frankenturbo TIP is a non starter, they refused point blank to sell me one unless I purchased the whole kit. Have a silicone TIP so hopingvthere is enough give to get it onto the turbo.

i got the 3 bar reg from ebay from some other VAG car (A3 1.8T for instance)

I had a 3 and 3.3bar vauxhall one from the Z20LET engine but they were slightly different and didnt fit.

A3 1.8T 3 bar FPR now obtained. Just that TIP that might be a pain. Checked Beach Buggy and it looks like he only does them for the transverse engine not the inline. Think it's just some gaskets I need and we're good to go. Might invest in a wideband AEM guage to make sure fueling is ok