Facelift Headlights

THE MONSTER

Reaction score
I have acquired some Facelift headlights recently will get around to fitting them soon but need to arm myself with as much info as possible before I start..

Don't like many mods or upgrades to tell you the truth but this is probably the best one needed for pre-facelift cars..

Facelift headlight number is 80D41 003-AM.... I want to change the rubber seal that sits on top can you get these and how much if someone can tell me..

Also the Doner car plug tails D shape plug fitting I have not got yet I don't really want to pay £50 for the plug cables from Germany..

Not tried going to the scappy yet for them but might have to ..

I understand Audi do them if so how much and what part number and what do you actually get(plugs with loom)..

Any info would be appreciated...

PS.. Silly question but these are correct lights to do the conversion are they not.. light part number above..

Last edited:
you will have to remove a bit of the inner wing if I recall, should be obvious when you get busy with the spanners
Is a loom required?
Short of a different style plug and fitting that to your existing loom I am not sure what else is required

you will have to remove a bit of the inner wing if I recall, should be obvious when you get busy with the spanners
Is a loom required?
Short of a different style plug and fitting that to your existing loom I am not sure what else is required

Yeah I know about the inner wing cutting where the pre-facelift indicators were I was thinking more about the plugs the "D" Shape required obtaining them really whether to get from scrappy or as said Audi but what do you get and how much from Audi..

And is that weather rubber seal that fits on top of the lights available I have them but they have gone a bit hard and if you pull them off then the double sided strips comes away as well..

As long as you have decent, non corroded wire, why not just solder and shrink wrap the ends from a scrap car onto your existing loom?
My car had the rubber strips silicon'd on, was done before I got the car, six years ago. Don't see the point in going to the dealer when the cheap fix will do for years. Not that anyone is going to see them either