just ordered lights from ebay.de

tracer

'96 a4 1.8 se
Reaction score
fronts.jpg
rear.jpg

£145 for the two sets + £12 delivery . not sure if import duty or tax will apply, i'll just have to wait and see.

There's very good too, never had any complaints in the 5 years I kept my B5 with them.

What is the score with the LHD / RHD differences? Are they like a BMW where you rotate the projector one way or the other?

[ QUOTE ]
What is the score with the LHD / RHD differences? Are they like a BMW where you rotate the projector one way or the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got projectors for my A3..OEM from germany, and there is a little switch. Just flick it and go!

134.99 euros for the headlights, here is their ebay link. kfzteile24

i have now also found out that they ask that you pay an extra 7% to cover paypal fees so bear this in mind. i would recommend using paypal's own currency convertor when working out euros > pounds. paypal link

still sounds like a fair price to me, best i could find for new items anyway.

oh and yeah i found some previous posts which mention the switch for changing lhd to rhd. nice to have it confirmed too.

also i need to mod the lip of the wing for these to fit but it will be worth it and hopefully quite easily done.

gave the car a good clean on wednesday afternoon ready to take some pics in the morning. unfortunately not long after i finished it started snowing and ended up like this........

DSC00311.jpg

typical huh,. anyway i gave her a quick hose down and got some "before" pics

DSC00317.jpg
DSC00315.jpg
Copy2ofDSC00320.jpg

i wonder if it would be a good idea to try and replace the badges like this. will this look ok? opinions appreciated....

CopyofDSC00320.jpg

My honest opinion, looks crap, de badge it, much nicer, clean look.

cheers jason

Both sets of lights look really nice

My A4 is a 96 (N) it has two piece front lights i.e the indicators are a seperate unit. Would they fit on mine?

I thought it was`nt a straight swap but not too sure

Thanks

stuff arrived this morning, i had some problems with paypal on my end, so the order didn't go through until the 28th march. i'd say thats pretty good going at only £12 for delivery.

they are made by TYC not valeo but i see no problems with quality so far

DSC00326a.jpg

DSC00328a.jpg

i'm really not sure anymore about the whole lhd/rhd issue with the headlights. there is no switch as far as i can see for converting. there is no mention of lhd or rhd on the packaging / descriptions.

Would`nt worry about it too much mate. Worse case scenario, you`ll have to switch the standard fronts back over for the MOT

Look really good quality, will clean the car up for sure. £12 p&p is cheap as chips

headlights now fitted, very scary stuff modifying the wing and its something i wouldn't really recommend. lights look great though.

rhd / lhd conversion is simple, just flip the blanking plate inside the projector lens. thanks to an old ajmackie post for that tip.

the drivers side will need some slight adjustment but other than that all went well.

connector from old lights used to make up wiring harness. soldered direct onto pins with heatshrink cover, i will also seal the plug as well to elimate any chance of water ingress/condensation in lights
DSC00355.jpg

passenger side fitted - original still on drivers side...
DSC00358.jpg

both lights fitted
DSC00361.jpg

more pics to follow when i get a chance.