Looking to buy this S4. Is it facelift or not?

Greig300

Reaction score
Hello, currently I own an Audi S3 8L. Had the car 3 years fancy a change. I've done a lot of research into the difference between facelift and pre-facelift and can't tell if this car is a pre facelift converted into a facelift? Either way its very rare to find these at this millage/condition and I'm very close to buying. Hoping eagle eyed B5 owners can tell? I am aware in the description it says fully face lifted model. Just wanted reassured before contacting the dealer.

Audi S4 Quattro 4dr 2.7

I also liked the look of this S4 would miss having heated seats guess i can't have everything.

Used 2000 Audi S4 S4 QUATTRO for sale in Suffolk | Pistonheads

Both look lovely examples. Both cars are located in England I'm in Scotland so cant exactly pop round to see would require planning to see...Which would you go for? Thanks :)

The black one may be a full facelift if it's a late V plate, can't tell from the pics as can't see the clocks or the esp button. I think it's a bit misleading as it's far from rs4 spec!

Think that there both overpriced though!

If I was to choose one with my money it would be the nogaro blue one.

Last edited:
They're both facelift cars (its unlikely anyone converting would change the doors and front wings for instance...)

Folk talk about "full facelift" but in reality the changes that make up "facelift" cars all happened at once. There was some further alterations in early 2000, which people use to differentiate between "part" and "full" facelift, but these changes were seperate to the facelift.

They're also both wildly overpriced. If you've got that sort of money to spend, stretch a little further and buy an RS4, or you should be looking at K04'd cars. A standard K03 S4 isnt worth much over 4k IMO.

Thanks for the info :) so even at that millage they are over priced? I'd like an RS4 of course just to much about 12k? Plus high costs for parts etc