New member with 1.8T

niggtv

Reaction score
Hi - just thought I'd introduce myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif....due to an imminent flat renovation I need a bigger car so have just sold my impractical and expensive to run Alfa GTV 3.0 V6 and replaced it with a 1997'P Audi A4 1.8T Avant Sport.

I was initially after an S4, but at the moment the money is better spent on kitchens etc! Anyway, am well chuffed so hoping the 1.8T will serve me well, even if it seems a little sluggish after the Alfa.

First question- how much is a new clutch likely to cost? It is not slipping at all, but the bite point is right at the top of the clutch pedal travel so I am expecting this will need doing in the next few thousand miles.

Cheers guys.

Hello and welcome.

Clutch biting point on Audis is high anyway, so it maybe quite normal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kev.

Welcome,

You have loads of options to increase the power on the 1.8T and for £50 and 30min you could see a nice boost with swapping out the N75 valve for the N75 J valve.

Euro car parts sell the clutch for

LUK n/a 641441030 CLUTCH KIT - 228MM PA 1.8 97-/A4/A6 1.8 20v
£81.11

Welcome to the forum, niggtv. Looks like you're already getting the info you were after. Hope you find it a rewarding visit and come back for more.

We're a pretty good bunch (most of the time). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers for the welcome!

The N75 J Valve upgrade sounds interesting, any idea what sort of improvements to expect from it?

Welcome! Get some pics up when you've got a chance!

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome! Get some pics up when you've got a chance!

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent had a chance to take any pics yet. Equivalent of grafitti on an Audi forum I'm sure - but this is what the 1.8T replaces!:

teledials.jpg

The Audi is dark metallic green (Arctic Green?) and I was thinking of some subtle bodywork touches – maybe some clear side repeaters, a red ‘T’ and some S-Line badges… reckon that would look ok? However, just looked on ebay at the price of badges - not cheap!

If you want the T then you can have mine, as I don't need it.

You will find most de-badge the boot of the 1.8T & A4 sign on here.

If you want something to do to the body then maybe upgrade to headlights to 1 piece and the taillight to the later spec.

Oh nice Alfa tried to get the misses to buy one.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want the T then you can have mine, as I don't need it.

You will find most de-badge the boot of the 1.8T & A4 sign on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, thats really good of you. Hmmm... de-badge or red-badge?!

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers, thats really good of you. Hmmm... de-badge or red-badge?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not bothered about de-badging myself. I think that's because every time I see a BMW 3-Series without a boot badge, I just know it's a poverty-spec 316 & the first owner ordered it without the hoping people wouldn't spot he was a tight-wad.

Wrong!!!!!!!!!