Something fell off...again :)

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
My exhaust Heat Shield (I assume). How important is it to get it back on ASAP? It looks worse for wear, and like i'll need a new one, the mounting holes have all disappeared. I only knew about it as I could hear a vibrating noise so stopped and looked underneath. I've ripped it out for now so I could get home. I suspect I need to take the exhaust off to fit a new one properly, which I could do with doing anyway as I have new exhuast clamps to fit.

I have a Milltek if that makes any difference to how quick I must fit it? Thanks

TBH pal when there like that there useless i had to drill two holes were the fixing points are loop it threw then place the fixing screw on the body between the loop the use the fixing nut to hold the cable tie on the body... If that makes any sense lol didnt we do this when we did your brakes cant remember i no we looked underneath at the clamps ??

How is the TQS anyway, done anymore mods lately ??

edit: you dont need to drop the exhaust you sort of feed it in from the drivers side over the exhaust iirc !!

So I'll be OK without it on?

The tqs is ace still, I get the occasional abs error recently though, but not looked into it at all yet.

I have new braided hoses to go on still, it's been a busy few months with work and home. I just need brake fluid and I've got everything I need. Will probably just do the back ones, but might end up doing all of them if I get enthusiastic (read that as...don't have a clue what I'm doing with brakes lol).

No other mods, I want to de chrome the grill, I'll probably just plastidip it.

I did consider engine mods (seen your thread as I'd fancy a bit more power) but I might be strict and just save for an s4.

Oh, and I need to fit a boost gauge really. I'd like to give it a go on Monday, but I haven't bought one and it seems stuff like this is only purchasable on the Internet these days. Gone are the days of walking into a real shop!

Mines on but ive seen cars over in the states running one piece shafts without them so its hit and miss id say it will probably just reduce the life of the prop bearing due to the heat but then again there will be air flowing through most of the time lol

Reactions: dannyAshcroft89