What are your thoughts on Blue Alcantara?

I

imported_ZeroK66

Hello all...

Well my mint S4 (sadly) has blue/black alcantara/leather seats & door cards.

Personally I dont like it... I am thinking of replacing door cards and rear seats.... keeping the recaros obviously....

What are your thoughts. Seems a lot of people chose it as an option - so must be liked?

While we are on the subject... is it possible to re-cover the alcantara sections on the seats?

I would see if you could do a swap with a black trim S4 with the same quality. It would cost you an arm and a leg to recover just the blue.

And yes the blue does not work with the yellow.

I think its alright, i would rather something more subtle though myself. Either grey or black.

At least its not yellow alcantara!!

I asked a retrimmer and they said it would cost a lot as it takes a while to remove the seat middles.

They said it would not cost much more to do the whole seats.

I didn't like it when I saw photos but but when I saw it in real life I really liked it. Everyone who sees my car says how much they like it too. Really brightens up the interior.

i love the blue alcantara and black leather! Although...with yellow exterior...bit of an odd choice!

you need to find someone with a noggy blue S4, with plain black leather, and talk them into a swap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Yeah put a wanted/swap post on RS246.com

Someone will want them i am sure, but bear in mind your seats have only been used for 30 odd thousand miles and most others will have been used for 70k or something.

Cheers

I love that Blue/Black interior... been looking for one for ages. Saw a few from broken cars in Germany but they wouldn't ship it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wanna swap it for mine???

I would definately look out for a full leather S4 interior and swap it. When i was looking for my S3 I liked the look of the half Alcantara interiors but didnt like the way they wore especially at the base of the backrest. I also dont think it looks right in a yellow car, suits silver, blue or black cars better imho.

[ QUOTE ]
suits silver, blue or black cars better imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mine is silver.

Gimme gimme /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Problem I have is I have FULL recaros in the front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif - so a swap becomes rather complex! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I will just have to visit breakers yards and see what I can come up with. I would keep the two front seats as I think they would look cool as a pair of recaros separate to the rest of the interior.

I thought Recaros were standard on an S4. If this is right then you would get Recaros with a S4 full leather interior. Plus you could probably sell the half leather interior for the same price you pay for full leather, making it a free mod, well apart from your labour.

Keep an eye out on ebay as well, that's where I got my full leather interior from for our B6 Avant.
£400 for black/grey leather/alcantara - bargain, but they don't come up that often. I prefer it to the full leather in my B5 Quattro, you don't slip about so much and it's warmer.

Steve... sadly not. The S4's had standard seats in them (The newer S4 has recaros as standard) - it was only the RS4 that had them. It was a HUGELY expensive option on the S4 and so quite rare.

I will monitor ebay - thanks Andy.

I will be in touch andy as I intend on sorting a nice audio setup on this baby once the cash flow comes right!

You could fit front seats from an S3 (full leather recaro) with the rears and oor cards from a full leather A4/S4 then.

You got an even better buy then finding such a low mileage S4 with Recaros.

Well... I took a nice long train trip (6-7 hours return) to take the car for a drive on Sunday... 10 mins from the station the tw@t calls me to say keys are locked in workshop. To say I was fuming is an understatement.

On the plus side... the car is mint... really looks good.

EVEN BETTER the rear seats are recaro's too... and the blue seats looks SOOO good in the flesh. I am very happy with the interiour... I am just debating how I am going to drive the car before receiving it. Have to take a bloomin half day now - ridiculous!