hello newbie needs help please

toscana

Reaction score
hi i am new to audi and just bought a 99 audi a4 1.8 none turbo avant 149k car runs and starts fine but as got a rattle under cam cover,there is no oil pressure issues and no sludge issues,i am a confident diy er with spanners and am trying to check the camshaft chain tensioner solenoid and found no voltage going to the solenoid,could somebody tell me were the wiring from cct solenoid runs to or is there a fuse that covers this solenoid or possibly a relay .your help would be very much appreciated thanks toscana.

If theres no fault codes, theres nothing wrong with the solenoid. Have you checked for codes?

The ECU monitors the cam position and would pop a code if the solenoid was incorrect.

hi i am new to audi and just bought a 99 audi a4 1.8 none turbo avant 149k car runs and starts fine but as got a rattle under cam cover,there is no oil pressure issues and no sludge issues,i am a confident diy er with spanners and am trying to check the camshaft chain tensioner solenoid and found no voltage going to the solenoid,could somebody tell me were the wiring from cct solenoid runs to or is there a fuse that covers this solenoid or possibly a relay .your help would be very much appreciated thanks toscana.
anybody please

Well if you read the wiki, one of the possibilities mentions a fuse...

So you will want to find out which fuse supplies the VVT and see if its intact.