Exhaust

bouncer117

Reaction score
Can anyone recomend any cat back systems for a fwd 1.8 na? Fairly cheap, preferably non resonated

Probably best to goto a local exhaust place and have them make you one.

Or buy a 1.8T system and make it fit. I suspect it'll go right on, might need a reducer at the front end. If it does, modify the downpipe rather than the system and that ensures you can sell the exhaust on again.

I have to ask what you intend to gain though? There is literally NO point tuning a 1.8 NA. If you want a bit more noise, fit a backbox. If you want power, sell it and buy a turbo car.

Yeap. Just get a backbox. No point paying for full exhaust.

Only reason im looking at stainless system is because mid box is rotten and back box is on its way so replace with stainless and it should last the life of the car, also a bit of noise would be nice. Not doing it for performance

Kev - I recall you chopped down a v6 exhaust to fit your 1.8T because the bore is bigger on the V6 pipe - is the TDi v6 exhaust the same item as the petrol version? I have got an V6 Tdi exhause in my shed - its an origional Audi part - I'm moving house so its got to go. Dont want any money - it just seems a shame to junk a perfectly good part.

Most likely it will be similar.

I used an S4 system on mine, the normal V6 system is actually exactly the same size as the 1.8T system.

I expect the 2.5TDI would be a pretty close fit to a 1.8 though, as unlike the petrol V6's the 2.5 has only one pipe going in.

They all are.

My old A4 (now my mums) is still on its original exhaust at 18 years old.

Which reminds me, one of the rubber hangers has broken and i should fix that before the stress breaks something else!

Reactions: foursprungdugtechnique