Disaster on the lowering front!!

Reaction score
Here is a pic!!

DSC01425.jpg

Have hammered it back up and the outer part of the arch is still fine and the paint has only split on the bit shown!!

Looks like i am going to have to get my arches rolled after all!! Ha.

I think my car has come down quite a bit at the front since i fitted the shocks but dont want to heighten them like.

Will get it done soon.

Cheers guys.

Exactly the same thing happened on mine:(

Nothing as of yet, did see a new wing on ebay in the right colour but i think untill i get some new shocks it will only do it again.

Has it damaged the wheel too Paul? Or was that you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Has it damaged the wheel too Paul? Or was that you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha that was me!! My tyres are pretty stretched and i had these wheels on the beams on my garage roof and it fell and smacked me on the head and landed face down.

I never realised it was that till i saw it and when i stood upright thought i was gonna faint! ha.

Kind of gutting but i am going to get them redone antracite when the weather picks up anyway.

Altered Image Edinburgh
0131 6601492

Arch rollers and stretchers extrordinaire

This happened to both of my front arches. We then rolled them. You can do it yourself. I would use a rust prevention paint afterwards to go round the inside of the arch ie. Hammerite

Yes mate, a two man job ideally. You need to be very careful though because it is easy to crack the paint on the lip

Best to get a fairly decent piece of wood, about a foot long and you can gradually push the inner lip back. A Hammer alone could easily cause damage. If you don`t get anywhere with the wood hit it with a hammer. You might want to put an old piece of carpet between the wood and arch lip if you do this though. May help to jack the car up and take the wheel off, not sure if we did that but it would give you more room to get in the arch

HTH

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to call them but there was no answer i will give them a bell tomorrow.

You from Edinburgh jcb?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am.
http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=9108

You need one of these!
This what the pro's should be using, ask them.

£200, worth getting to use it and the ebay it, will get most of your money back

Yeah well what i did so far is get a wooden broom handle and put it in the gap between the arch and the tyre. It was really realy tight.

Then i turned the broom and it has pushed the arch back into shape and made the lip point upwards and inwards now. It took of some more of the paint so i touched it up.

I will see how this works in the mean time and will then hammerrire it.

Where abouts in Edinburgh JCB?

I stay outside in Haddington.

That's pretty much exactly what a friend of mine did to his Porsche 928 GT (5.0l V8) a few weeks ago... he used a baseball bat in between the tyre and edge of the wing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He fitted a set of 996T wheels to it and they were a little too wide so he rolled the arches with the bat and it looked f&!kin awesome when he finished it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He is a mechanic of quite some experience too I might add, so not the typical cowboy fix you may initially think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cool. There was not much of a lip on the Porsches arch to begin with so I guess his task was made easier because of that fact... let us know how you get on.

I had the arch foul the tyre on a 911 - it cut the tyre up. I didn't realize at first that it was catching and tried to get michelin to replace the tyre, no go - they cut it up and said it wasnt mfr fault. I blamed the speed humps.

Anyway - watch out that you dont get the tyre shredded