8x18 ET43 on b5 A4

jcb

Reaction score
fit or not? anyone tried high offset wheels? what clearance issues are there with the suspension..

anyone

or what about 8.5j on ET39....

ET43 should still fit, but the wheels will be sitting in the arches a bit. Should try and find wheels that have an offset of ET35, as they will sit perfectly in the arches.

ET35 is just the offset,
ET35 on 19x10 won't fit......

Have to take into consideration the width hanging out past the centre.
Just wondering what people have got away with (without arch rolling or RS4 wings!)

Biggest problem with high offset wheels on a Mk2 golf for example is not the arch its the rear suspension strut rubbing.
I will be running coilovers but am not sure if this will actually give me a great deal more room.....

Whose got 18/19's on from OEM or other soiurces and what offsets fit?

cheers

Just to add to the questions, i've been wondering about offsets as the standard 16's on mine are ET45 and when i've had cars with upgraded wheels in the past and the offset has been different to o.e. they have handled crap quite honestly.

An Astra GTE 16V with ET37 not ET49 and an RS Turbo with same ET30 not 35 from 7Jx15 to 8Jx16.

Has anyone who's upgraded to RS4 reps for example noticed handling characteristics have changed noticeably??

Cheers.