TRW brake pad wear sensor pins wrong

Dimokslis

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just installed new front brake pads yesterday and light on the dash did not go away, so went to check connectors today and found this.
Picture - http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1205/1vdpn.jpg
Has anyone experienced that?

Could be that if front brakes were LUCAS? As my ones are ATE and car connector pins are opposite to those on the brake pads.
But I doubt that Audi changed pins just for different brake suppliers...
Or its just TRW made it wrong???

Look inside of the connector, pin1 and pin2 on the brake pad connector do not match with car connector's pin1 and pin2. Where on the old brake pad numbers matched with car connector's numbering and everything worked perfect.

1vdpn zpsd36b40ed

Pin layout shouldnt be a problem as your only closing the circuit, when the pads get low it becomes an open circuit thus bringing the light on, check the connection i no that my fronts are zip tied together as there a crap connection but there pagid pads and i had to do it with the mintex on the 312mm setup aswell !!

As yes, i see now. As Bradderz says, its not a problem, as its just a loop of wire.

I've just unplugged mine where it goes into the car, and shorted the wires.

Thanks, gonna have a look at it tomorrow, must be a fault in cars connector or harness.
I really thought is more complicated inside of a wear sensor. :)

Thanks, gonna have a look at it tomorrow, must be a fault in cars connector or harness.
I really thought is more complicated inside of a wear sensor. :)

Both my cars have thrown up fault codes on the brake pad sensor at one point or other. They get brittle with age when you're replacing pads, even trying to disconnect them is a black art! Check the pins aren't bent and fit snug. In addition the wiring isn't broken on the loom.

Well, I did not have a time (mood :?) to play with the wires and today light did not come back anymore. So hopefully it's all ok now. :)

I did not know that its common problem with these cars, as my FL 1.9TDI PD never had any issues with it. I'll be aware now for the next time.

Thanks everyone. :thumbsup: