Areo wiper quick question

Reaction score
Hey guys i am needing new wipers and am going to just get the Aero ones i think.

Just what to check where is the cheapest place to get them? Is the VAGparts site the place to go?

Cheers.

It's where I got mine. You might find them cheaper elsewhere, but VAGparts are known & trusted. The service is very good, too.

german ebay, full set plus rear 80 euros

Jeff,

Can you find your guide on fitting these please and post below, I'd like to add the thread to the FAQ.

Cheers mate,

Kev.

Here it it:

1. With the bonnet up, lever the caps off and remove the retaining nuts with socket. Spray with WD40

2. Whilst WD40 soaks in, unpack the new kit, inspect, assemble blades to arms.

3. After about three minutes, with the bonnet down, remove the old wiper blades from the arms. This enables you to work on the wiper arm with the bonnet up again

4. With the bonnet up , pull the arm back on the spring, & turn against the spindle. No need to give a sharp tug, just firm pressure, gradually increasing until the "seal" between trhe arm and the spindle breaks. Once it does, the arm comes straight off.

5. Position the new arms and blades nice and low on the spindles, screw the retaining nuts on & refit the caps.

PLEASE ADD:
DO NOT CLOSE THE BONNET TO GO FOR A CUP OF TEA WHILST THE ARMS ARE UP!!!
YOU WILL BREAK THE ORIGINAL ARM AND DAMAGE THE PLASTIC MOTOR SHROUD UNDER THE SCREEN!!

yeah, sounds a stupid thing to do, it is. I learnt the stupid way