n75 valve talk to me

jaymodunn

Reaction score
o.k which vavle for my audi a4 1.8t quattro ajl, as i can't find it, and where to buy, cheers

anyone around...

i have located it but how the f do you remove it as i can't get to it..

TPS is around £30 iirc

Best way of doing it is by removing the airbox followed by the Puck valve then you should have enough room/movement in the intake pipe to remove the N75 valve, whrn i swapped mine out i pulled the pipes off the turbo/wastegate then swapped them to the new one of the car, make a note which pipe goes where before you remove it.

Part number :- 058906283F

cheers i own a fwd 1.8t a4 as well and was going to swap them over to test but looks like that can't be done. cheers

Whats your thinking as to why there not interchangerable ??

There exactly the same part !!

something about to remove it you cut the pipe.

The problem i have is i can't find a diy i have ordered a Haynes manual, but don't want to start and not finish. but if you say i should be able to take it off and put it back on i will give it a shot. cheers

I have got to the part how do you remove the metal clips

Last edited:
you make it sound so easy consireing the space and how tight they are clamped it is impossible. i am going to buy a clip untightener

edit now off what an **** and i have nicked one of the pipes so will wait for a new one to fit. thanks for the assistance.

Last edited:
put new one on now says n75 open have i put it on wrong or is it faulty?

showing as same fault now tried again this is ******* me off now.

Last edited:
yes it looks good. the problem is it is made out it is easy to replace when in reality it is a pita. I haveb worked on french cars and they are easier to work on then audi. I could spend forever trying to fix it so selling it at a loss, just want rid when i read up it could be loads of different things.

just venting, i want to get the car working but i think it might be a dud so might but my losses and try and get better quality one.

Assuming its brand new its unlikely to be faulty.

Its probably broken wires in the cable leading to it, i've had that before. No damage was visible. I cut about 8 inches off the cable and spliced in 8" of new wires and a new connector.

TBH I might have knicked the pipe on the right hand side, could this cause issues. Also is the n75 always related to the valve, could it be elsewhere?

Depends on the exact fault code, but if its saying the valve is open circuit, then its the valve or the wiring.

got it booked into a garage to have a look and hopefully fix problem, i hope ir isn't critical, the turbo does seem to whine a bit, but i have been looking at k04-015 in case.

o.k the garage says wiring fine boost and turbo spinning but could be siezed dump valve or something else.. how easy to replace?

you have a fault code for N75 open circuit.

Thats not caused by a siezed dump valve, its caused by an open circuit on the N75. That can only be caused by two things. 1) a broken N75. 2) broken wiring.

Dump valve is cheap and easy to replace, they're about £25 from the dealer (get the TT225 version as its stronger) But i doubt thats whats wrong here.