S4 trottle body silicon hose problems

MURRAYS444

Reaction score
my car went in to limp mode and the abs and esp lights came on checked under the bonnet yesterday removed the engine covers to find that the silicone hose for the throttle body has come off I tried to put it back on but couldn't as there is hardly any room to put it back on as it hardly fits over the throttle body I have ordered a new one but i'm worried about the abs light and the esp lights coming on I take it with the hose being off stops the throttle body opening causing the engine to struggle?

The ABS ans ESP lights come on because limp mode stops sending the ECU load signal to the ABS system and so ESP doesnt work.

It'll run like a sack of crap with the hose missing because you've got a massive air leak of unmetered air entering the engine and your turbos will be working overtime trying to make boost into the open air. DO NOT drive it like that.

Thanks Aragorn the hose was fitted by the guy who owned it before me and had cut it to much for it to fit well I take it if I replace the hose and disconnect the battery and then reconnect it the car will run ok?

Got the car fixed ok but getting the hose back on was a bit annoying cheers for your help Aragorn