I've been on ASN for years now.
First with a B6, later with a B7 but no Audi for the last 3 years. Which, in my mind, is a crime!
So, I have been thinking about a B5 track car for a very long time.
Was very close to buying one last year but for financial reasons it didn't happen.
On Thursday went to have a look at one which was going to be broken for parts (by a forum member) and
decided to buy it as I thought it would be a real shame to srap it.
Had it delivered on Friday late evening
I will be doing most of the work myself. I am not a mechanic.
I hope that this thread, with your knowledge, will not only help me
in jobs that need doing, but also other B5 owners.
The car is SORN'ed, 148k miles and needs quite a bit of work before it goes for an MOT.
Recaro, navi plus, xenons parking sensors.
Needs tyres and probably a new windscreen possibly something else.
First things to sort out on my list are:
- water on the drivers footwell/rust under the battery
- alloys DIY refurb before buying tyres - they are shockingly bubbly so not gonna be easy
as I will need to strip them back to bear metal
- full service including oil pick up (will be fun?)
- cambelt (never done one myself, it is time to learn)
- suspension - de rust/paint/bushes
- rear bumper change
- other issues that I don't know about yet