TQS track car project - extremely slow progress

Yes. I will have a cage. Probably bolt in 6 point with harness bar. But can't buy everything at once.

I really cant make anything out from that video of whats going on.

Guage certainly isnt jumping around liek in the earlier video?

I'll try to post another one tomorrow during the day.
Basically when I floor it, it gets to around 10PSI and starts to flutter.
It is pretty much like it is struggling to go higher. So the needle moves up and down slightly.
Still whistling sound which you can hear on the video.
Like a boost leak but a bit metallic.
Just won auction for the FMIC. Will need to sort out piping.
Do you remember what piping/hoses did you use on yours?

Is the throttle body 2.5" and turbo side 2"?

erm, intercooler is 57mm and turbo is 54mm i think.

mine has an S3 compressor housing though, the A4 turbo has a 51mm outlet.

Yeh, that piece is a 54mm 90, 54mm joiner with the DV stub and boost sense nipple attached (the S3 compressor housing doesnt have a boost takeoff) then a 54-57 90deg, then a 57mm 45 deg.

So you keep standard hose that goes from turbo and Ts to DV and goes to IC?

Ahh. Sorry. Tapatalk displays links as pics for some reason.
Now I can see. So mine doesn't have that small nipple that you have coming off from the metal pipe where dv goes off as well.

On the A4, theres a boost fitting on the compressor housing, which goes to the N75 valve.

On my hybrid, it has an S3 compressor housing which doesnt have that fitting, so i added that brass barb into the coupler to provide the boost feed to the N75.

If your using stock turbo, you wont need that barb fitting, you'll just need a coupler with the DV connection, which are readily available on ebay.

Reactions: slepy
Took car to work yesterday and parked next to this. Check out the plates ;)

Some goodies arrived today.
New 3" FMIC which I won on ebay for £65. Will drop the bumper down tomorrow after work and try to work out what hoses I need.

Also spark plugs arrived and my second birthday present (from my sister :) braided hoses

Hoses are for these bad boys which I had for some time now

Also ripped out rooflining and remaining pillar trims last night.

Podi steering pod arrived today.
They are selling the V1 version for b5 half price to normal one so had to buy it.

Reactions: Broken Byzan
It says this:
"We have made a change to the B5 pods to add small dots inside the guage opening which will hold the gauge firm inside the pod (just like our B6, B7, B8, MK5, and MK6 pods).* As a result we are liquidating the existing inventory of B5 v1.0 pods.* "

Not sure what they are on about but when I pushed in my gauge I could barely pull it back out because it is so tight.

ah same as mine then... i got a "v1" pod discounted over 2 years ago for the same reason!

Surprised they've still got stock of them!

Paid $25 when v2 is $50 so a good result :)

Just went out to change spark plugs. Took the first one out and found quite a bit of oil on it. Valve cover gasket gone? Is it dealer only?

Guys, is throttle body inlet 2.5"?
I measured it today and it comes up as 66mm which is 2.6".
Did it with digital caliper at every possible angle.
Should I order 2.5" hoses/pipes for the IC side?

Hmm, and that went on? TB inside is 57mm

No, i retained the OEM pipe from TB, because i had a pre-formed pipe that went from the stock intercooler position down to the FMIC.

I meant the pipe i made up was 57mm.

Ahh ok. Im gonna try 63mm.

Right, I want to order a rocker cover gasket set today just not sure which one is any decent. There is a choice of Febi,Goetze, Elring,Reinz and Ajusa. Any of these good? And also do I need any sealant?

Any bar ajusa. Never heard of them. And a little dollop of sealer on the corners of the bits that go into the grooves around the front and rear cam carrier.

Any specific sealant i can get online?

Got the hoses today so dropped the bumper to test fit the FMIC.
By mistake ordered one hose 45° rather than 90° so will need to get it changed.

Squeezing this IC is going to be a ball ache. I was planning to have it higher than it will have to be but the bonnet won't close.
Will need to cut out pretty much most of the bumper and bar in front of it. Fogs will have to go to fit the piping as well.

Test fit

Is it possible to remove the front aluminum bumper bar and put it back on? It looks like it is mounted with melted plastic. I need to chop it and it wont be easy on the bumper.