Information display gone AWOL

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hi, as above, this morning, the lower 2 parts of the information display between the clocks has disappeared!

Is this a case of needing a new clock set or does the unit change out independently?

Cheers for any help.

By the way, the top part which shows the warnings like fuel low etc still works?

No first time it happened was this morning, late for work so didn't muck about.

I'll look at lunchtime and see what the crack is.

Yes if you press the reset button quickly it shuts off the display, just press it again to bring it back.

Oh I understand now, didn't know this was possible! It's the left one isn't it?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh I understand now, didn't know this was possible! It's the left one isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's the button on the underside of the wiper stalk. You push and hold it to clear or reset the values on the DIS, such as average speed, mpg etc. But if you just press & release it, it alternatively shuts off the display altogether or switches it back on.

Oh I see. I was thinking I definitely didn't touch the dash, but I had left the wipers on last night so maybe.

I knew about the reset but not about it turninig on and off.

I'll go and see.

Cheers to you all for your replies on this, I have scooped the w@nker of the week award and it's only Monday, must have brushed the button this morning as i've just looked and it does still work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif LOL

Had I known about this feature I wouldn't have panicked and asked! Will have to study the handbook a bit more I think.

[ QUOTE ]
....I have scooped the w@nker of the week award and it's only Monday ....

[/ QUOTE ]

We've all done it, mate. Anyway, you can bet your life someone will top it before the week's out (me, most likely)