A4/S4 FAQ - Look here first before posting questions

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
UNDER DEVELOPMENT

Right, I have been meaning to do this for a while now but time is against me at the moment. It would make things alot easier for me (and more comprehensive for everyone) if you could all help out please?

If those of you that have been around for sometime (and new people that have found particular threads of use) and see questions asked time and time again could you please post links to good examples below and I shall add them to this post?

Off the top of my head we are looking for informative threads like fuel consumption, DIY guides for upgrades (wipers, facelift lights etc.), remaps etc... You get the idea, just have a look at Dicky's post in the A3 forum if you need an idea!

In time I shall clean the thread up and lock the topic adding to it as new threads appear that merit being included.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to some posts!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Kev.

Face Plate Conversion

Stereo volume problem

Buying new tyres?

After market Sat Nav pictures

Replacing the N75 valve

Fitting a boost gauge?

The main ones are :-

Remaps as mentioned above and what ones people have so I would probably put a 3rd sticky with a pole so people can see what the other members have. People sometimes ask how much power they give but the users could look at the tuners sites to get rough power figures.

Diverter valve questions are common to, asking about if they are worthwhile, where they are fitted and what make of one people use.

Another popular question would be about lowering springs and full suspension kits.

How to cleaning the throttle body would also be very useful.

MAF questions are quite frequent as well but have not been as common of late. So perhaps things to look out for and what problems a faulty MAF can cause. Also how to help prevent damaging the MAF. I.e. over oiling air filters.

Another thread helpful thing would be a list of all the fluid amounts for the 4 cylinder and V6 models.
And what makes of oil etc to use.

I am sure lots of members will be able to help find all this info.

So the mods can put it into some sort of order.

I will have a think about any others.

Cheers.

I was going to start a poll which you could keep an eye on and decide whether to make sticky or not.

But how do you do it? Is it something to do with the code buttons?

some that come to mind:

Fitting an oem RS4 bumper
Fitting a Rieger RS-4
Swapping wires to fit 99.5- lights
Fitting S4 skirts
Ignition wire for aftermarket headunit
s4 Vs rs4 Vs Rieger bumper (I remember doing one years ago)
Fitting HID
E46 lip spoiler

should be a fair few posts on all of above.

Kev,

Tried the links but they do not work, have these been updated or do i need to stop being lazy and use the search function?

Cheers.

The main thing that i would like to see is all the info about converting a B5 A4 to an S4 front bumper. How the pre facelift bumper fits the facelift, and how the facelift fits the pre facelift it's taken me one week and a lot of browsing to build up the courgage to buy a new S4 facelift bumper for my pre facelift car. even though i've ordered new bumper shocks and wing mounts i'm still not sure it will be an easy fit.

None of the links work :( an FAQ would be nice

i recall there was a great link to the b5 service and repair schematics and steps, if that was around it would be great trying to find it again myself

hi i have just bought an a4 quattro 2001 could someone tell me the wheel fitment please and can i get 18's on it thanks:hubbahubba:

http://www.audidiy.com/b5a4.html

The link above links to forums that covers maintainance and the following categories:

- engine
- mechanical
- electrical
- interior
- exhaust
- brakes
- lighting
- detailing & painting
- suspension
- transmission
- audio
- turbo

Severe Warning Symbols

If one of these red symbols lights up while you are driving, stop the car, switch off the engine, and refer to the Owner's Manual.
brakefault.gif
Fault in brake system

coolingfault.gif
Fault in cooling system

oilpressure.gif
Engine oil pressure too low

tirepressuretoolow.gif
Tire pressure too low

Other Warning Symbols

ok.gif
No faults detected

brakelight.gif
Brake light faulty

bulbfailure.gif
Bulb failure: dipped headlights or rear lights

brakepads.gif
Brake pads worn

washerfluid.gif
Washer fluid level low

fuellow.gif
Fuel level low

batteryvoltage.gif
Battery voltage too high or too low

oillow.gif
Check engine oil level

oilsensor.gif
Engine oil sensor faulty

speedwarning.gif
Speed warning 1 or 2 (km/h or mph)

headlightrange.gif
Dynamic headlight range control faulty

tirepressurecheck.gif
Check tire pressure

dooropen.gif
Door or tailgate open

Hi Kevint,

I have recently bought a A4 2l SE 03 plate
Could you please tell me at wha mileage the cambelt needs changing?

Many thanks
Carter