Newbie with questions!

mattpanton

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've had my A4 now for about 5 months, it's currently totally standard.

It's a 2000 Avant SE 2.4 V6 in ebony black (face lift), with, i guess, a sports pack, as it has sports steering wheel, and i'm told, sports suspension (20mm lower than standard? am I right?)

So far I've found that there are very few 2.4 specific engine mods available out there, I may invest in a pannel filter at somepoint, but at the moment i'm looking to make it sound a bit more 'beefy'! was looking into just a backbox for it, are the fittings/joints for the backbox in the same place across the engine range?i.e. can I buy a back box for a 1.8T and it will bolt straight on?

I'm also thinking of lowering it, am I right in thinking that if I buy a 40mm lowering spring kit, i'll only loose a further 20mm due to the sports suspension? or does it not work like that?

One last thing, I see an A4 avant every morning on my way to work which appears to have a standard body kit on it, it's a really subtle kit with a small splitter front and rear and small skirts, it looks really good, anyone shed any light on it? Is it available through audi for an arm and a leg?!

Sorry about the essay in my first post!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi and welcome.

The sport models are 20mm lower.

Its is true about some lowering springs only lowering A4's 40mm on NON-sport models .

You will need what some makes call race springs to lower it a decent amount.

Some A4's have the oettinger kit fitted by Audi i think. It was like a tiny lower front splitter and stuff.

I also think the V6 models have different exhausts to the 4 cylinder models.

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply

So if I look for backboxes for V6's, not specifically the 2.4 I should be ok?

Thanks for the tip off of oettinger, I had a look round there site but the kit they do isn't the one I was thinking of. Is there an audi accesories book available for my year online at all do you know of? the kit will hopefully feature in it somewhere!

M

haha! thanks to the B5 picture thread I know now that it's a Votex kit i'm looking for, spotted it on Mawhitey's car, thanks!

The v6's have a different exhaust system, the centre section is huge on these babies. Again the v's are limited in terms of performance mods. Main ones that most people seem to have are a BMC carbon dynamic airbox, and a miltek cat back system. Other than that, supercharge her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

the votex/audi kit is made by ms designs, i have the front lip sitting in my garage while i decide if im going to fit it or not.

you see the only thing which is putting me off is the fact that my car is so low at the front that the standard bumper only just fits over the kerb by mm and i know ill paint it, then whack it on the kerb at work.

[ QUOTE ]
the votex/audi kit is made by ms designs, i have the front lip sitting in my garage while i decide if im going to fit it or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that, just what I needed to know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Had a look round there web site and found out that there UK dealer is only about 10 miles from me!!

Hi,

I'm currently researching possible upgrades for my 2.8 Q Avant, and this votex kit sounds ideal. I've been doing some searching of t'internet this arfternoon but can't seem to find the web site you guys refer to (neither votex or ms designs) for love nor money?

Does some one have a link they'd be willing to share??

Also, i'm interested in the Miltek exahust route too, i found www.awsome-gti.co.uk that can supply the full Miltek Cat back system (front section, centre section, and rear dual jet box) for total price of £387.77 ... how does this stack up to what you guys have found?

Cheers dudes,

JB7.

I eventually found the kit here (do a search for Audi)

Although, I did email them regarding prices and had no reply, so if you have more luck, please let us know.

Matt

Ok, so i just got a reply from MSDesignsdirect.com which reads as follows:

Hello James,

The Price for the parts are as follows:

Rear skirt - MSD.A23.99.01H @ £240.90
Side skirts - MSD.A23.99.01LR @ £335.40
Front spoiler - MSD.A23.99.01V @ £189.45

These parts are normally available from MS Design central stock in Austria. Delivery will take between 7-14 days depending on which day your order is placed with us. (Prices are subject to Carriage & V.A.T) The carriage cost for a full kit is £20.00.

Best Regards

James Durrant
Duncan Smith Automotive Ltd

Mobile: 07748 634346
Tel: 01449 674180
Fax: 01449 771579

So, there you have it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif hope that helps.

JB7.