EM TuningAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

OE mats for 2000 A4 Avant - where?

Does anyone know where I could buy some OE carpet mats in grey for my A4 Avant? The cheapy ones I have don't stay in place and I don't fancy nailing them to the floor.

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_VaulterTim

Re: OE mats for 2000 A4 Avant - where?

I've wanted the same for a while and have had trouble finding any... my drivers one is missing (no idea why!) and although I'd like to replace the odd one that I have I don't fancy going for aftermarket mats, although there are some very good quality ones out there, because I want them to locate on the lugs that Audi supplied.

There are lots out there that say they stay in place but in reality they don't last in my experience...

1st Gear

Status

I have OE mats which have lasted quite well in my '97 saloon (183K miles) but the fixing is different so I can't swap them to the Avant.

Forgetting OE for the moment, where's a source of good quality ones?

imported_VaulterTim

There are quite a few on ebay... someone on here a while back recommended them. Take a look or do a search, I'm sure you'll find something... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

I did; my cheapy, slidey about ones come from ebay.... it may even have been me who recommended them but that was before I found they kept moving!

Neutral

Status

I was qouted 26 + vat from my local stealer for a set of 4 for my '96 Avant. Is that too much?

VW + Audi mad

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was qouted 26 + vat from my local stealer for a set of 4 for my '96 Avant. Is that too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

No because when I went to enquire a few months ago at my local stealer for some rear mats to match the front ones in my Avant they wanted 34 + vat for the rears alone (admittedly the fronts are rather nice velour-type carpet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) but whilst winter lasts have just made do with rubber mats in the rear instead...
    Speaking of carpet fixings does anyone on here know when they changed the carpet fixings on the A4?
    My '94 80 Avant had OEM mats that had holes with snap-in rings that located over plastic pegs built-in to the floor covering.
    When acquired my A4 Avant had OEM front mats with again a similar fixing method, but despite new plastic snap-in rings on the mats they just wouldn't fix in place securely....
    It looked as if there should be a small screw holding each over-mat down onto the locating peg, I asked at my local Audi Centre and they reckoned that a small self-tapper is what was needed.
    There is no mention of this fixing on Etka, but it works perfectly, my carpets are rock-solid now....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tubtub View Post
    Does anyone know where I could buy some OE carpet mats in grey for my A4 Avant? The cheapy ones I have don't stay in place and I don't fancy nailing them to the floor.
    I found the best quality car mats than my previous one, you can have an option here at YourCarParts Audi Car Mats...