Recommended S4 Engine and wheel mods

TopgearMike

Reaction score
Looked at Unitronic and others OBD2 mod w/intercooler, cold AIR intake,&Hi-po catback including downpipes. Wheels unsure? Need advice based on most power,least money spent and best wheels best looking on black S4 .Inputs welcomed

pair of RS4 downpipes, and or CAT back and a remap - 310-340 depending on your car

skip the CAI, Intercoolers, OBD2 mods until you are committed to breaching 400-450!

wheels are so personal you will get 1000 answers

Wheelwise I think you can't beat BBS LMs. My Ming Blue TQS had them and loads of people commented on them at petrol stations and such. I had them spaced 20mm tho for a really good wide stance (and to clear the B6 S4 brakes)

BBS CHs are also nice and I like the standard RS4 and RS6 wheels too. Down to choice really.

I always use google images for ideas.

These are nice I think, don't fancy cleanin them tho!

Audi b5 s4 black bbs rs

the most bang for buck mod you can do is a remap. Even on an otherwise completely standard car it makes a fair difference.

Use a tuner that knows these cars well, rather than a generic flash tuner that hasnt a clue what they're doing. You dont say where your located? I get a sense your from the US, so recommendations here are likely going to be thin on the ground as its a predominantly UK forum.

The remap alone will take it to a little above 300, but it really depends how far you want to go. With decent downpipes and exhaust, and some intercoolers, and a good tune, you'll likely see 340-350ish but you wont get much further on the stock turbos.

Dont bother with a CAI, the stock airbox is fine until your going for BIG power.