1998 s4 b5 roof headlining

kenroy

Reaction score
hi to everyone i am a newbe and i bought a not so good s4, mechanically its ok but i need a headlining as its all but missing. any ideas where i could get one would be great and near to bristol if possible, thx ken

Need to find someone breaking an S4 really. normal A4 ones are beige rather than black.

There might be some cars getting broken if you look in the classifieds section of audisrs.

Welcome. Is it a saloon or avant, sunroof or not? You will need one from a pre-facelift s4 as they have the dark headlining, unless you fancy a bit of rewiring to get a facelift one to fit. If you go for that option it opens up your search to s4, tqs or rs4 if you have an avant. There is a guy breaking a tqs in the link above, I messaged him earlier and it's a saloon, don't know location though.

i have just thrown away a black TQS avant one!
couldnt give it away!

oh sorry not enough info, i am a newbe not only to audi's but this aswell. anyway its a 1998 audi b5 saloon with factory fit tilt and slide sunroof in ming blue. the original roof lining was cut out because i assume the sunroof was leaking and they were too lazy to take out the headlining properly. i didnt know that i could get a different one to fit so a bit of wiring is no issue. thx any help would be great. later on i was thinking of changing turbos and software?. thx again ken

oh sorry not enough info, i am a newbe not only to audi's but this aswell.

Don't worry bud, you may struggle finding a sunroof one, but don't loose hope, check Audi srs too as there are usually a couple of breakers on there. Maybe worth smashing a wanted add up on there aswell.

cut your own sunroof hole (carefully!!)
the inner trim hides the edges anyway

I might have a spare one in my parts car, interior was stripped when I bought it, but I don't think the headlining was removed. It's a FL S4 non sunroof though, so you would have to cut it out.

hi i kinda though it in such a way that it wasnt just a hole but moulded with a bit of a flange so you didnt need a trim. i may be wrong if so then it will open another way to do it.thx