Remote Key Fob

macca666

Reaction score
Looking for some help guys.

Came out from work last night at midnight and went to unlock the car only to find out the key fob didn't appear to be working.

Tried all buttons on it only to find the lock button works but the boot unlock or door unlock didn't.

Unlocked the car with the key and went in only to set the alarm off which, when I pressed the door unlock, went off.

Thought it was maybe the batteries so changed them but still not working properly. The fob will remotely lock the car but won't unlock it.

Tried the spare key/fob which I have which appears to work fine. The only problem with it is that I have snapped the key on it so although the fob works I cannot use the key......

Any suggestions as to why the fob isn't working and can anyone tell me do I need to get a full fob for the broken key or can I just get the key part of it.

I assume most fobs are the same but if not its the one with 3 buttons which the key flips out at the press of a button.

Cheers.

you may be in luck...

if you can seperate the key blade from the bottom portion of the key without breaking the immobiliser chip, then you may be able to replace the blade. That will then mean that you have two functional bottom halves, and retained your alreadycoded immobiliser chips.

You should then be able to just ebay the top half of the key, and re-code as per the manual yourself.

Hy have some questions to you because i see that you know something abaut key,i have audi A4 and i wonder to know how it is possible that somebody stole the car to me from a security garage, and start the car engine withaut the original key,qould you explain me how it is that possilbe,thanks for your help and answer.

[ QUOTE ]
Hy have some questions to you because i see that you know something abaut key,i have audi A4 and i wonder to know how it is possible that somebody stole the car to me from a security garage, and start the car engine withaut the original key,qould you explain me how it is that possilbe,thanks for your help and answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry someone stole to you or from you? i wouldnt know about this. as far as i know when you have original key and program the second key it will only lock and unlock the car not be able to start the car

Hy someone stole from me.I hard that is possible that the stole me the car with some computer program and notebook,that they do,but i don t know how do yu mybe know the answer.Thanks.