Immobiliser Issues

ChrisM

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Im in desperate need of some help here. Having major problems with an Audi A4 b5 2000 1.6.

Immobiliser isnt accepting the key all of a sudden. Yellow immo light flashes. Car starts then cuts out.

Faults received :

Code:
3 Faults Found:
01128 - Immobilizer Pickup Coil (D2)
        35-10 - - - Intermittent
01176 - 01176 - Key
        65-10 - Unauthorized - Intermittent
01176 - 01176 - Key
        65-10 - Unauthorized - Intermittent

My dash has been giving hassle with flickering lights and wrong speedo and fuel levels but im not sure if its related.

Can this be a problem with the cluster itself? Would sending it to BBA Reman for a rebuild get it sorted?

Thanks in advance.

Has your cluster ever been out? Might be worth checking all the plugs are seated correctly first.

Its been out several times but and its a possibility but the way they clip in im not sure how they could be loose. It slides in and then it clicks in and seem tight so not sure.

Could there be any other connections loosened from removing the cluster? Anything in behind the dash?

Took the cluster out. Gave the loom a good shake. put the connectors back in and pressed hard. She fired up and has no problems.

Cheers for that!

I used to get "key signal too low" fault all the time.. Lived with it for about a year. A constant year of adjusting the column until my car would start and run.. Finally I got round to changed the two pins in the reader coil plug as the original ones look more like scotch locks.. After I got the repair wire and pin kit from my work (for free- handy working at the dealers) it was a 2 minute job and been trouble free since

Matt - do you have more detail on the 'repair wire kit'?
is it needed or can a length of wire just be soldered in?

having the engine cut-out after 2 seconds and immobiliser fault codes in VCDS... Grrr...

You can order two repair wires with pins on them from dealers..just a yellow length of wire with. Pin pre attached ...It's something they should keep in stock and won't be too expensive.. ...New pins are needed as the design of the old pins are what causes the issue. When you come to strip it you will see what I mean.. Audi must have run out of supplies and borrowed from renault when building these.. Pins are easy enough to replace

Other option is get the repair kit Audi brought out for this issue . It goes from the coil reader to immo box.. And iirc costs about £18..

Part no i have is 000 979 018 A

That's for a 5 pack of 0.5 mm repair wires..

thanks for kit info!

hope was not too much of a thread hijack, I had a similar issue
but for the moment wiggling the connector on coil reader seems to have sorted it too!

hard to tell as it would only have the fault from cold