B5 A4 2.8 30V quattro any good?

koruptc5

Reaction score
Just been offered a straight swap on a very good condition one of these for my A6. Are there any massive issues i should look out for on these?, its a saloon, 120k, mint inside and out apparently with black leather on a "W" plate. I take it there are not many tuning options for these bar aesthetics.?

Craig

Had a 98/S reg one and loved it despite being neglected and not very good nick. Watch out for cats working properly, lambda sensors (has 2 front 2 rear) and usual b5 issues - worn susp arms etc. good luck.
Yes not many mods performance wise as they are NA but I've heard people turbo them.

have this engine in C5 A6
pulls well, should do at 190bhp
sounds great
MPG is decent 28-30 on a spirited A road, 30-34 on a motorway (this is an auto as well)
usual 90 deg V6 issues of weepy rocker cover gaskets, easy to replace
had an idle issue due to perished vac lines

I like it

Had a r reg one about 3 years ago, I loved it, usual problems with them with rear wheel bearings, front suspension arms, rocker cover gaskets and flexi pipes if the snub mount is ********, out of the 47 cars I've owned that was in my top 5 biggest regrets of selling!

47!?!?!?
and I thought i was bad!

Soon to be 49 haha buying another this weekend then a b6 s4 once my s2000 sells, I'm only 28 too, get bored too easy