AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport

Thread: which wheels

5th Gear

Status

which wheels

Just after some opinions on if I should keep my votex 17" wheels and get them refurbed, or if i should just get some new wheels. I like the wheels I have now but they are coring and getting hardrer to keep clean.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

Re: which wheels

I think to be honest that looks great as it is, maybe a slight drop, and thats all i would do with it.

The wheels suit the car and kit, unless you try RS6 rims, they are 5 spoke (?/) and therefore would be easier to clean

imported_VaulterTim

I do like those wheels... almost sorry I sold my originals. Also a shame that Audi didn't do them in 18" variants.

Car looks great mac [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Thanks for the input. I agree with you both and like the standard wheels. It was only the cost of refurbing against the cost of new which made me wonder what to do. Apparently when they are refurbed they can be done to any finish you like. I have seen blasted and polished ones which look nice and have also seen a sparkly finish (not my cup o t ) They can also do them in something like a black chrome finish. ....Any ideas?

5th Gear

Status

Hi Mawhitey, where you get your votex body kit. I was looking to get some side skirts, but they are sooooooooo expensive. I was lucky and picked the front and back up off Ebay for 80 brand new. Was just lucky as they sent the wrong ones and didn't want them back when they sent the correct ones for my facelift. The wrong ones I sold on Ebay....which cut the total cost right down LOL

2nd Gear

Status

There's a funny story with regards to Mawhitey's side skirts!! lol

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

I got my front bumper with lip from Crash on here, and my side skirts from Audidriver International last year for 50 BNIB,lol

I had to leave the AS.net stand to go to the closest town for more cash,lol.

I then drove the dispaly lap with a front bumper and a set of skirts strewn through the car, as my seats dont fold.lol

The rear came from Ebay, i did see a complete set, unpainted go for 120 at the end of last year

imported_VaulterTim

[ QUOTE ]
    I then drove the dispaly lap with a front bumper and a set of skirts strewn through the car, as my seats dont fold.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img][img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

What a sight that must have been! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Legend!