which wheels

mac1403

Reaction score
Just after some opinions on if I should keep my votex 17" wheels and get them refurbed, or if i should just get some new wheels. I like the wheels I have now but they are coring and getting hardrer to keep clean.
audinew1.jpg

I think to be honest that looks great as it is, maybe a slight drop, and thats all i would do with it.

The wheels suit the car and kit, unless you try RS6 rims, they are 5 spoke (?/) and therefore would be easier to clean

I do like those wheels... almost sorry I sold my originals. Also a shame that Audi didn't do them in 18" variants.

Car looks great mac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Thanks for the input. I agree with you both and like the standard wheels. It was only the cost of refurbing against the cost of new which made me wonder what to do. Apparently when they are refurbed they can be done to any finish you like. I have seen blasted and polished ones which look nice and have also seen a sparkly finish (not my cup o t ) They can also do them in something like a black chrome finish. ....Any ideas?

Hi Mawhitey, where you get your votex body kit. I was looking to get some side skirts, but they are sooooooooo expensive. I was lucky and picked the front and back up off Ebay for £80 brand new. Was just lucky as they sent the wrong ones and didn't want them back when they sent the correct ones for my facelift. The wrong ones I sold on Ebay....which cut the total cost right down LOL

There's a funny story with regards to Mawhitey's side skirts!! lol

I got my front bumper with lip from Crash on here, and my side skirts from Audidriver International last year for £50 BNIB,lol

I had to leave the AS.net stand to go to the closest town for more cash,lol.

I then drove the dispaly lap with a front bumper and a set of skirts strewn through the car, as my seats dont fold.lol

The rear came from Ebay, i did see a complete set, unpainted go for £120 at the end of last year

[ QUOTE ]
I then drove the dispaly lap with a front bumper and a set of skirts strewn through the car, as my seats dont fold.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

What a sight that must have been! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Legend!