TDi fuel tank sender

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
This morning when I left my car I had 100 mile left in the tank, when I started it up this afternoon the DIS and gauge stated 0 and the fuel light was on, I went to the garage and put £15 as I just wanted to make sure that there was some fuel for the trip back. after putting the fuel in the tank the gauge barely moved and the DIS range stated on 20 miles till empty.

Anyone else had a similar fault, and if so did you just buy a new sender unit form Audi or did you find an aftermarket part, as looking at etka I get part number 8D0919673J and after a quick search on ebay and google it looks like an Audi only part.

I take it best to change it when the tank is just about empty.

Car is a 1.9 TDi AJM

I had the same sort of issue with mine but it seem to have sorted it self out after several full tanks.

I did read that the sender cable splits and causes false readings.

Wait till the tank is low,remove the sender and make sure the cables and connections are ok.

I brimmed the tank this weekend and gauge went to 3/4 of a tank, then over the course of a few miles the gauge crept up to full. I've rest my trip and will keep an eye on it, but so far so good.

If it happens again I'll just rip it out and replace it, just could with it lasting a little longer until the weather improves.