I'm back!

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Well after a year on the darkside (Audi TT), I've decided to return to the B5 fold.

Bought myself a nice 99 PFL S4 yesterday with quite a few tasty additions.

I'll post some pics up when I've had chance to give it a proper clean.

The TT was a good car just not practical and with "pretend 4wd" (Haldex). I spent a fair few quid sorting her our and making her quicker but to get much more than 270bhp out of them is serious money. I also severely regretted selling my TQS. I see it every week and it used to gut me every time I did, so I bit the bullet and did what I should have done in the first place and got an S4.

Already got a shopping list in mind of stuff I'll be doing, so watch this space! :blackrs4:

Welcome back and back in a B5 already i new it wouldn't be long lol !! Il reply to your PM if i get chance later !!

Get some pics up :) !!!

Reactions: B5QUAT
Welcome back. We all look forward to the pics :) x

I had the 1.8T skoda octavia 4x4 with the haldex diff and wasnt that impressed with the 4x4 system.
I do prefer the fell off the A4 quattro system.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of the s4

I did consider a tt, but I'm glad u went with a b5 tqs. Next step would be an s4 for me, but not sure that'll ever happen :)

Can't wait to see pics of your s4, sounds ace!

Whoa nice amount of work done on that, bet it's an epic drive after the tt! Welcome back

That is a mental car, can't wait to see pics. How long you had it?

I bought it last thursday, so not long!

I'll post some pics up next week. I'm swapping over my wheels onto it atm, as the ones I bought it with are quite tatty.

I'm also respraying the front grille as it's a bit stone chipped and removing all the S4 badging. Might even put a tdi badge on for a laugh!

Yes!!! DO IT. I'd love to see you surprise a few people with a tdi badge :)

Can't wait to see pics.

Whoa nice amount of work done on that, bet it's an epic drive after the tt! Welcome back

It's VERY different to the TT. What amazes me is the torque over the 1.8T. It has so much grunt low down. Makes it very easy to drive around.

It's VERY different to the TT. What amazes me is the torque over the 1.8T. It has so much grunt low down. Makes it very easy to drive around.

Don't you go making me want to sell my 1.8T!!! They're not even much less efficient on fuel I bet?

I think I need to learn more about cars before I purchase an s4 though...they require mucho maintenance.

Don't you go making me want to sell my 1.8T!!! They're not even much less efficient on fuel I bet?

I think I need to learn more about cars before I purchase an s4 though...they require mucho maintenance.

Well on the way back from buying it, 200 mile motorway cruise at a very careful 60-65 I averaged 26mpg. Around town, previous owner reckons about 14-15. My 1.8T used to do 23 round town and mid 30s on a run, so it is quite a difference but then again it is double the power! I think I was put off by the mpg and maintenance initially, that's why I bought the 1.8T. But this time I thought, sod it, it's what I really wanted in the first place. I loved my 1.8TQS though. One of the few cars I regret selling.

Here's a taster......RS6+ Front brakes! EEK!

Brakes

Brembos

Reactions: crazy88 and Sulli79