Who has a B5 on non RS4 / RS6 alloys?

JayB5UK

Reaction score
As above - i'm looking for pics ideally of B5's with other Audi alloys, such as newer A4 etc.

Can anyone help?

You mean pics like this - these are 17" RS4's

Audi1-vi.jpg

B6 S4 alloys

audi1.jpg

Here are B6 sport rims.

IMG_0690ps.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

Those wheels look really nice imo.

Cheers.

Nice one mate. Decent pics, thanks. Those Sport ones I had in mind, loads of people seem to have the RS4 / RS6's and I have seen plenty of them 5 spoke ones for good money on ebay, very tempted to go for a set.
There is also a 6 spoke design but I think it is from a TT and wouldn't fit.

Heres a pic of mine
DSC_4977.jpg

dont see many a4s with these on

Its looking sad on a set of 16 inch comps for winter at the minute. I cant wait to get the 18s back on

Are you from Scotland Phil? I ask just because i know the guy "icy" who took the pic.

Your car looks very nice with those wheels!

North of england mate. ICY posted it on the e38 forum after the vw festival in leeds

[ QUOTE ]
Heres a pic of mine

dont see many a4s with these on

Its looking sad on a set of 16 inch comps for winter at the minute. I cant wait to get the 18s back on

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - I only have the 16" comps - but have fitted winter tyres, ready to be relegated when I get some nicer summer wheels & tyres.

Them 18's look ****** huge - and rare!

Phil love those rims, was going to get monoblock set like that before going the split rim route

[ QUOTE ]
North of england mate. ICY posted it on the e38 forum after the vw festival in leeds

[/ QUOTE ]

icy that used to have a vauxhall corsa? chinease lad?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

icy that used to have a vauxhall corsa? chinease lad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats the guy.

used to have a corsa myself, his name seemed to crop up all the time lol

what pattern and pcd are a4 avant b5 wheels compared with b5 rs4 or tt wheels?

a4 avant 5 x 112 pcd between ET 35 and 42, RS4 5 x 112 pcd and ET 20
TT 5 x 100 pcd and ET 35 to 42 again,

HTH

so is there a problem fitting rs4 wheels with a 15 ET difference? I mean they are 8 inches wide compared to 7 so they should fit, no?
are all rs4 wheels the same ET and pcd?
I saw two sets on ebay, one was ET20 and one ET34

ET20 wheels will stick out further from the wheel arch.

If you want to fit 18" wheels then they will more than likely be 8" wide anyway, like most of us that have reps, so they will need to have an offset of ET35 or thereabouts to fit correctly on the B5.

The 17" wheels have an offset of ET42 (I think) so the lower ET on the 18" wheels will account for a little of the 1" difference in width and will give the wheel a little extra room on the inside of the wheelarch without pushing it too far outside the outer edge of the arch.

OE RS4's will not fit correctly, period. Unless you have the arches to cover them...

thanks.
What do you have on yours? Are they replica's?
I am struggling with this.
Need 18's to go over the brakes I have planned and really want to maintain the OEM style.
Don't really want replica alloys if I can avoid it.

Yes I have replicas... good quality but probably a little heavier than OEM alloys.

The good thing about the ones I have, and I spent a long time looking for them, is that they have the same colour centre cap as the wheel instead of the cheap-looking chavvy chrome covers you find on most reps.

Here's are some pics, sorry if they're a bit big.

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

17.jpg

Tim - I see you have now got your S4 sides fitted. Like mine yours seem to bow out slightly by the rear doors. Any chance you could provide me with some pics of what you have done where they join the front wing and also the rear arch. Mine still need finishing. Cheers

I owuld be interested in that too!!
I have an S4 bumper conversion to my A4 and haven't even looked at side trim yet!
Sorry totally hijacked this thread!! ; )

I don't think it's the skirt that bows out, it's more of an issue with the shape of the rear doors...

I mentioned the same thing to the guys at the bodyshop when they prepared it and after a lot of staring I realised it was the shape of the doors... if you follow the lines of the door you will see where it moves back out toward the rear wing which gives the impression and creates the illusion that the door dips in beforehand and therefore that the skirt is actually bowed outwards. Obviously neither of them are, it just looks that way.

In regard to the sideskirts fitment... bit of a lengthy one with lots of filling, moulding, blending etc... they did a pretty good job I think. You have to remember also that mine is a facelift model so I had to have the lower door trims removed (no small task!) and rear lower bumper painted to achieve the look I wanted, as smooth and continuous a line from front to back as possible. Quite a bit of work to get it all smoothed out...

One other thing you will have to consider jcb, is that when fitting the sideskirts (this may only apply to facelift models because of the lower door trims) you will have to either trim your existing or fit S4 'scuff panels' because the existing ones will stick out past the bottom of the door and actually wrap around underneath the side of the car and need to be removed to fit the S4 skirts. I bought S4 items (not cheap!) which are flat and stop at the edge of the sill and are designed to glue on top of the skirts.

I tucked the outer lip of the scuff panel under the skirt after it was fitted instead of gluing them over the top as they should be because after I removed the lower door trims the scuff panel sat out past the bottom of the door (because the S4 has it's own lower door trims which are different) and hence there was a black line the whole length of the car which was exactly what I wanted to avoid and the reason I removed the door trims to start with...

Anyway, after that essay! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Another few pics... again, sorry to hijack the thread!

8.jpg

Sideskirt-RearFillingandBlending.jpg

PassengerSideskirtFitted.jpg

DriversSideskirtFrontFillingandBlen.jpg

Cheers for that Tim. I made the mistake of buying brand new facelift kick plates, again a stupid price!! Then I found out that I have got to cut these to make them fit. This is not an easy job hence why after 6 months they still have not been fitted. I am thinking of taking them to a joinery to have them cut due to the length and needing a guide on the saw. All good fun. JCB > be aware that if you have an early A4 the fittings for the S4 sides do not line up with the holes in the chassis.

: ( not sure I wanted to see all that. looks a nightmare!

just looked at a pic I have of a B5 S4.
Could you not fit the strip that goes along the bottom of the door when you removed you old ones.

This pic shows some extra strips above the ones that you have fitted.

audis4.jpg

I just assumed that the same chassis and body would be a case of removing painting and refitting the new ones.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for that Tim. I made the mistake of buying brand new facelift kick plates, again a stupid price!! Then I found out that I have got to cut these to make them fit. This is not an easy job hence why after 6 months they still have not been fitted. I am thinking of taking them to a joinery to have them cut due to the length and needing a guide on the saw. All good fun. JCB > be aware that if you have an early A4 the fittings for the S4 sides do not line up with the holes in the chassis.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean they need to be cut? Is it because they are too wide and protrude out past the bottom of the door as I explained above? If so you could possibly do as I did and tuck them underneath the skirt. Although thinking about it, if you have the skirts fitted already they are probably bonded to the body so this would be impractical... hmmm. Someone else did this and used a bandsaw to cut their originals along their length to good effect if I remember correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
: ( not sure I wanted to see all that. looks a nightmare!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

It's not as bad as it looks, these things always look a nightmare when you see them like that. It is a bit of a long process but nothing that can't be achieved with a little patience and some care.

[ QUOTE ]
just looked at a pic I have of a B5 S4.
Could you not fit the strip that goes along the bottom of the door when you removed you old ones.

This pic shows some extra strips above the ones that you have fitted.

audis4.jpg

I just assumed that the same chassis and body would be a case of removing painting and refitting the new ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want lower door trims on mine, that's why I removed them. I think it gives a much nicer, cleaner look to the car and quite frankly I think they look gash anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But that's just me...

You can indeed fit the S4 lower door trims but again, like the scuff panels, they are expensive. And for the door trims and the skirts to match up properly you will need the S4 trims as they are different to the others. They come as a kit which consists of the trims themselves, mounting brackets, associated bodywork parts front and rear and all the clips and gubbins to attach them to the car and they cost a pretty penny! You can get them from VAGParts if you fancy it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Tim

Tim - I suppose it might be possible to tuck them underneath the S4 skirts although this might looks a bit S**. Mine are not bonded to the car. They are bolted using the oem brackets underneath and then use the heavy duty velcro (again oem) along the sill. When the weather warms up its definately on the to-do list.

Ok... if you have the velcro on top of the sill then tucking the scuff panel underneath also will probably make the whole thing sit too pround anyway and the skirts will rub on the underneath of the doors... I tried that myself.

You're back to cutting them it seems. I pop-riveted and bonded my velcro strip onto the side of the sill and pressed the skirts onto them then I was left with a small enough gap underneath the lip on the skirt to tuck the scuff panle under. All fits quite neatly.

Here's another pic... Although it isn't very good, I got more of the floor than anything else, you can see how the line of the skirt is continuous.

9.jpg

You have a bit of head scratching and lots of standing back and looking to do methinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best of luck with it...

T

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't want lower door trims on mine, that's why I removed them. I think it gives a much nicer, cleaner look to the car and quite frankly I think they look gash anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But that's just me...

You can indeed fit the S4 lower door trims but again, like the scuff panels, they are expensive. And for the door trims and the skirts to match up properly you will need the S4 trims as they are different to the others. They come as a kit which consists of the trims themselves, mounting brackets, associated bodywork parts front and rear and all the clips and gubbins to attach them to the car and they cost a pretty penny! You can get them from VAGParts if you fancy it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]
So does the S4 have different doors and other "metal" panels?
You say I need the S4 kit...is your the S4 part or something else?
I have an S4 bumper for Front and Rear already, both painted I just need the side bits to match. will ring VAG I think.

cheers

I don't think the metal panels are different on the S4 so your bumpers should fit straight on provided they are off a similar year car.

The only difference as far as I know is the lower door trims because they are designed to match up to the sideskirts which the other cars obviously do not have...