rs4 wheels on 98' tdi

nickstevens

Reaction score
hi,
ive got a 110 se tdi saloon. will genuine rs4 18's x 8.5j fit straight on with no arch probs? also am i gonna be riding like a tractor on standard suspension?
its just a run around car so im just going for the 'higher spec and worth more money' look, if you get what i mean!

one last thing, what is the part number of these wheels just so i can check that they are genuine as advertised before i cough up the cash.
cheers for any help...

Genuine RS4 wheels will not fit as the offset is wrong something like ET20 (wheels will stick out past the arches) the PCD is correct however 5x112. You ideally want an offset of 30-35. You can use a 40-45 offset on smaller rims but on a larger rim like an 18 you may need to use a 10mm spacer. Remember the smaller the offset the further the wheel will stand out from the hub.

im looking for a set of RS4 rims for my 1996 A4 turbo sport i tried a set of my mates last night the the holes didnt line up can some one help

Billy - Were you tring wheels off of a A3 ? If so the PCD (distance between bolt holes) is different. A4/A6/A8/VW Passatt are all the same PCD 5x112. A3/TT/VW golf etc are all PCD 5x100

cheers guys,
so they will fit, but would be illegal as they stick out past the arches? are we talking way past the arches or just a bit?

[ QUOTE ]
Billy - Were you tring wheels off of a A3 ? If so the PCD (distance between bolt holes) is different. A4/A6/A8/VW Passatt are all the same PCD 5x112. A3/TT/VW golf etc are all PCD 5x100

[/ QUOTE ]

i must of been thanks mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
cheers guys,
so they will fit, but would be illegal as they stick out past the arches? are we talking way past the arches or just a bit?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need arches like mine to get them to fit and that means lots of cutting and welding.

Here's a pic of my car with the RS4 arches and 18x8.5 ET30 wheels on there and they are way too small. Now imagine RS4 wheel under there filling the arches all the way out.

DSC00716.jpg

RS4 rims on the RS4

RS42.jpg