Wiper issues

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Yesterday morning gets in the car and turns the wipers off and they wouldnt go off then they would stop on the screen and also this morning they would just keep going whilst in the off position then just stop when they felt like it but not in the fully parked postion sort of just up the screen a little ?? Also heard a clinking noise whilst they were operating ??

new motor time ??

Mines doing the exact same thing,its driving me crazy!!!

Think its due to the cold weather, maybe a sticky relay or wiper motor losing its sync !!

Mainly does it when i first get in the car it best not pack in when the snow arrives if we get any lol !!

Sounds like the wiper relay on its way out to me if the wipers are moving fine and just not stopping as they should. Easy to change the relay which is located behind some trim above pedals in footwell. It's no. 377 and cheap to get from a breakers yard / eBay if so.

Been using Fertan Graphite oil to "lube" the wiper spigots..

Graphite oil

due to the dreaded spigot malise.

It's worked quite well so far as I have both speeds now and fairly quick wiper action.

Of course they need sorting properly but at least it's a bit of a stopgap fix.

The stuff itself is actually held in suspension in IPA thus dries out quickly on application.

cheers

Mo.