weird electric window issue . . .

deejames

Reaction score
Hi all, i`ve got a weird issue with my front electric windows i did a search but could n`t see anything on here

Basically i locked the car with the remote, both windows fully up and when i came out the next day both windows were fully open, any ideas?

the car is a 1998 1.8 Avant B5 with electric windows in the front only

cheers in advance

Does it have comfort close? If you press and hold the close button on the remote with the windows down, do they close?

don`t think so although to be honest i always make sure they`re up before i lock the car

i will double check and report back

Thats typically one of the first signs that you have water or damp in the Convenience module.
The Convenience control module lives under the carpet just in front of the passenger side front seat.
The pollen filter seal can cause issues and allow water to leak into the footwell. Also check the plenum chamber where the battery is and make sure it's not full of water, If it is the drains under the battery are probably blocked.
You need to check under the carpet and make sure it's dry. Don't just feel it and assume because it's dry all is ok.
The insulation is pretty thick and it can be well wet under there but feel dry on top.

Karl.

I've had a similar issue recently where I came back to my car after a particularly wet night to find my drivers window down and the cabin soaked :(

Thats typically one of the first signs that you have water or damp in the Convenience module.
The Convenience control module lives under the carpet just in front of the passenger side front seat.
The pollen filter seal can cause issues and allow water to leak into the footwell. Also check the plenum chamber where the battery is and make sure it's not full of water, If it is the drains under the battery are probably blocked.
You need to check under the carpet and make sure it's dry. Don't just feel it and assume because it's dry all is ok.
The insulation is pretty thick and it can be well wet under there but feel dry on top.

Karl.

thanks for the info, my car does n`t seem to have convenience closing but i will check all the above

I've had a similar issue recently where I came back to my car after a particularly wet night to find my drivers window down and the cabin soaked :(

was it just one window down on yours or both? when it happened to me both went down but my wife told me just the drivers side was down when she came out the gym once but could n`t be sure she had n`t accidentally done it herself

It was just the drivers side on mine. It's happened twice now but can't be 100% certain that I didn't hit the button.