Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

2005 A4 S-LINE Violent Juddering

Hi everyone i was wondering if anyone has experienced the following problems with their Audi ? Mine is a 2005 A4 S-line estate 140bhp. The problem started with slight juddering when driving then after a while i noticed it seemed to do this between 2000-3000rpm when accelerating under load, the problem seems to be getting worse now the whole car has a violent judder running through it whilst accelerating eventually it goes away at about 70-80mph, the car also has a terrible tick over at times other times it is smooth and the problem is hardly there other times i feel like the car is driving in two gears higher than it should as though it is going to stall and other times it feels like something is arcing out making the car loose power
    I know the previous owner had had a new clutch etc fitted i also had the car to the local Audi centre but nothing showed up on the diagnostics, i did have the car serviced and asked the mechanic if he could clean the EGR valve as i had read this could be a problem, he did clean it and i noticed the car performed much better for about a week then the problem returned. I have also tried injector cleaner to no avail im desperate for ideas ?????

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum, you should post in this section as your car is a B7 Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis). Or get a mod to move this thread.

Have you changed the fuel filter I has some similar problems with my 140TDi and it was all down to an old fuel filter.