EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: My new toy

Neutral

Status

My new toy

So, here she is, requires plenty of TLC but pics first, .................................................. ...................Mods...Coilovers...RS Alloys....S4 Interior...Goodies....Hybrid TurboChipFull Exhaust System Other stuff and it does shiftNow the work1 - Car only get to 65*C so i think its either stat or sensor, fan comes on when i first switch the car on and air never is really hot so probs be changing both2 - bit of hunting when idling and a little lumpy also in gear when accelerting intermittent a little lumpy, not sure but looking for vaccum leaks, clean throttle body etc.3 - knocking nearside rear, going to get under the car and look4 - jolt when engaging gear, especially second, not always so again need to look at mounts5 - bodywork needs tlc as does interiorany help and comments always appreciated
    Last edited by valentn; 12th December 2013 at 20:53.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Having problems spacing things out so sorry

6th Gear

Status
    Looks tidy enough mate and leather too Personally I would swap the grill for an RS4 or S4 item as the mesh looks a bit Halfords/Rippspeed and the spoiler is crying out to be colour coded to the car.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Looks pretty tidy for a N Reg !!I agree with oranoco on the grill but wont pick at things as its a personal opinion !!What you got planned for it ??
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Thanks guysI am planning on basic things first. Meaning sorting the temp issue out. Etc.Not sure after that. If i need more speed i have a more aggressive chip that i was given with the car for higher performance but poorer drivability. Atm there is plenty of bodywork and other stuff to keep my busy. I will update new pocs over the weekend of progress

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    It'll be the thermostat. If you want to prove it before spending any money, drive the car around for 10mins so its warm, then park up and leave it idling for 5-10mins. If the temp rises while parked, then its almost certainly the thermostat.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with aragon. Mine started to go stone cold on the temp gauge when doing 80ish but was fine in town., changed the status and been fine since.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Neutral

Status
    Yea. Ill change thermostat. Its never gone above 65 even in rush hour traffic. Im hoping to scan it soon

Neutral

Status
    Thermostat done. Temp gauge now sits at 90 Right i think my maf and throttle body need cleaning. When idleing i can see the throttle body moving on its own. Uneven idle abd a little and poor throttle response occasionally. Finally the raear creaks over speedbumps and uneven surfaces especially on twisty roads does not do it over potholes though. Any ideas guys. Besides that the cars running well