Wheel swap

I

imported_jimbogrey

as title can i swap the wheels ( five spoke tt originals) from my A31.8t to an S4 1998. I am about to trade the A3 in and the wheels and the tyres on the S4 are shocking.

UIrgent help gratefully appreciated

thanks
jimbo

PCD is different, they won't fit.

No Because the A3's are 5x100 fit and the A4's are 5x112.

I know this as i tried to fit a 19" off my mates mums TT when i first got my A4.

Cheers.

thanks for your comments very valuable!

Dealer is prepared to refurb the alloys says it will cost £120, should I take the money and get new alloys? if so what would you reccomend and at what price?

Jimbo

Thats not a bad price for original wheels mate, make sure they do them properly!!

cant get much with £120 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yup thats a very good deal. You wont replace a set of rims for £120, unless you are looking for an excuse to change,lol

Yeah just get them done for that price, you can them always sell them at a later date and you will get more for them in mint condition. Or you could just keep them for winter wheels.

And get some pics up of the S4 when you can to.

Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
as title can i swap the wheels ( five spoke tt originals) from my A31.8t to an S4 1998. I am about to trade the A3 in and the wheels and the tyres on the S4 are shocking.

UIrgent help gratefully appreciated

thanks
jimbo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd make sure they're not buckled first if the wheels are in such a state, you'll end up wishing you'd took the money if they are. I had a bad experience, had a set of wheels refurbed later i found out they were buckled. Was not a happy man!