Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Clueless!

Status

Qts disks and calipers

Seems like I most likely need to replace my front disks and pads on my qts as I may of killed them slightly, I'll also be replacing the fluid as the pedal went to the floor recently on my favorite stretch of B road under heavy breaking. The brakes haven't been the same since and have no initial bite at all any more I don't have a huge amount of cash to spend as you can possibly imagine with the current time of year so looking for reasonably priced oem replacement parts. Any brands I should avoid? Ecp worth a visit?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Discs are just a lump of metal so mintex or similar, pads id get some ferrodo premiers if you can or pagids (im running these at the minute on B6 S4 fronts)
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Clueless!

Status
    Heard good things about pagids and are quite reasonable iirc. I haven't checked the disks yet so they may be ok. Thanks for the suggestions.

2nd Gear

Status
    Pedal to the floor comes from cooked fluid. Pad fade is different and doesnt really effect the length of the pedal, only its feel / effect.Your right to be replacing the pads though as to get it hot enough to get a pedal to the floor will have well and truely knackerd a standard road pad. If you dont replace the disc make sure you remove any contamination / deglaze the disc well with scotchbrite or similar. You get a film of old pad meterial build up on them that can contaminate your new pads, and glazes over disc surface. Id also check the calipers arn't dragging. I need to do my brakes too (a job for jan when I have some cash to spend on the car), but I'm eyeing up the 312mm setup, if I can find the carriers for sub £50.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8TQS (Standard)
    2003 VW Golf GT TDi
    2002 Audi S8 4.2 SOLD
    2004 Alfa 156 2.4JTD 20V Veloce SOLD
    2000 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro tiptronic (Electric heated seats, winter pack, lowered on H&R Springs & 18" A8 sport wheels) SOLD
    1999 Audi A4 1.9TDI 110hp (with full Audi Sports kit) SOLD

2nd Gear

Status
    Just to add, another vote for pagid stuff. Ive been using standard pagid road pads on a light hill climb car to give me a good cold bite, and they work nicely. Also used them on my S8 and they where good. I was planing on trying something a bite more sporty on the A4 as its a bit more lardy compared to the racer, but people recomended ferodos.
    2003 VW Golf GT TDi
    2002 Audi S8 4.2 SOLD
    2000 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro tiptronic (Electric heated seats, winter pack, lowered on H&R Springs & 18" A8 sport wheels) SOLD

1st Gear

Status
    I have a set of lightly worn discs from my old tdi Q you can have if you want. I am based near York.
    Sliver 2000 1.9 Tdi AJM Se Auto Saloon cooking sherry but with CD Changer and now Bluetooth audio connection and boot based Tartan blanket. Now runs at 90 degrees like a good 'un. Quality Cambelt kit fitted - next on list is control arm set.
    Silver 2000 2.5 V6 Tdi Auto Quattro Saloon drowned on 7th August 2012 RIP - but she lives on in the many,many donor parts she gave so that others may live...

Clueless!

Status
    Thanks for the offer but I'll prob go with new as I can get them at trade prices.

1st Gear

Status
    Makes sense as you live in Taunton! I don't want any money for them - I just can't seem to get rid of them! it seems crazy to throw them away when they have little wear and aren't cheap. I think new discs and pads is one of the best upgrades as when I have done it it improves the driveability of the car !
    Sliver 2000 1.9 Tdi AJM Se Auto Saloon cooking sherry but with CD Changer and now Bluetooth audio connection and boot based Tartan blanket. Now runs at 90 degrees like a good 'un. Quality Cambelt kit fitted - next on list is control arm set.
    Silver 2000 2.5 V6 Tdi Auto Quattro Saloon drowned on 7th August 2012 RIP - but she lives on in the many,many donor parts she gave so that others may live...

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradderz_1988 View Post
    Discs are just a lump of metal
    Unless you get EBC then they are truly shiiiite!!

just pick up some B5 RS4 discs. pads and calipers. they are cheap and you can sell them on when the discs run out!
    TQS brakes are terrible as stock

2nd Gear

Status
    Will the rs4 setup bolt to the TQS hub/upright?
    2003 VW Golf GT TDi
    2002 Audi S8 4.2 SOLD

Status
    No youll need s4 uprights for a straight bolt on the other alloy uprights use a different sized taper on the balljoints iirc

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

jcb
    6th Gear

Status
    ah yes, good point...I'll get my coat

6th Gear

Status
    I did the 312mm upgrade and used B6 3litre A4 discs and B5 A4 pads from Brembo, I also flushed the whole brake system through with Bardahl synthetic fluid, made a big difference to my track day at Bedford, the brakes lasted twice as long before even starting to fade out.

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Clueless!

Status
    With the above setup did you use the standard calipers? Do they need spacing out etc?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm a proper audi noob and don't come on here enough to actually learn much

Status
    Use the same caliper so no need to bleed brakes if they have had the fluid done recently and no spacing required its all done using the TT/S3 carriers !!

It really is bolt off, bolt on, enjoy !!!

6th Gear

Status
    Very easy, took 45 mind to do on mine inclusive of getting tools out and having a sneaky cuppa

Life begins at 140mph
    Sell my Audi??? Kiss my rings!
    www.passionford.com

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    new decent fluid and ds2500's,and 312's makes for a great fast road and occasional track day setup

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm ready to do this to mine now, but am having a real problem finding the carriers for less than £100. Anyone got any links?

Euro car parts are doing some good deals on Pagid stuff. I priced up front and rear pads, rear discs, and 312 front discs for around £150!
    2003 VW Golf GT TDi
    2002 Audi S8 4.2 SOLD