Looking for S4 advice...

Hi guys, I'm looking for an S4 saloon, preferably nogaro blue. New to B5s, so anything I should look out for?
Probably a petrol station! :jester:The S4 drinks like a fish, but that's par for the course with any petrol V6. Any reason for a saloon in particular rather than the avant?Like anything, you'll need FSH and lots of receipts. The B5 has a timing belt unlike the B6 timing chain (which is an engine out job). Make sure the belt is is replaced (every 60k or 4 years) along with the water-pump, and a genuine thermostat. Probably worth doing the auxilliary belts while you're at it.Things to consider will be complete suspension refresh using Lemforder or Meyle HD arms (if car is over 100k), renewing or exchanging rear brake calipers (prone to siezing). Front brakes are twin-pots. Also check turbos spool up with no lag. Any hesitation then usual culprits are vacuum and breather pipes which are prone to splits, etc.Paint should be better on B5 model, but usual places are front arches if you're checking.I'd get the car scanned with VAGcom so at least you're aware of any stored faults. Probably a worthwhile investment on what can be an expensive car to maintain, given high insurance and running costs as a daily runner.Good luck.

oil leaks
rocker cover gasket and or oil feed lines to turbos....