So does it make sense to uprate the injection nozzles

Tom_B

Reaction score
Following the tuning a tdi threads recently it did start me thinking.... So would the sensible cost effective route be

Uprate injection nozzles - where to buy nozzles?
Remap
Then when funds are available and the wife isn't looking get a pd 130 turbo and fit that ....

What is the collective wisdom?

I presume yours is a PD engine?

I believe the 115 PD injectors will flow around 150-160ish.

The simplest thing to do would be to swap in some 130PD injectors, which are good for 230. But you'll need a remap to suit the larger injectors i suspect.

Its pointless doing things in the order you suggest. Get the turbo (i'd use a BV43 rather than a PD130 unit, as theres more scope) and the 130 injectors, fit them together and get it mapped and you'll see a nice solid 190-200hp.

Reactions: Tom_B
Early AJM injectors are no different than pd130 injectors and they flow about 440cc per minute. The limiting factors on the 115bhp engine are the intake, rods and turbo, they are same spec as the 110Bhp jobbies. Also they came with different gearboxes, some had a variant of 01E gearbox even though they were 5 speed and the small 228mm clutch. The early pd115 are some of the quirkiest cars in VAG range i came across and every time i do a clutch job on them i do replace like for like by comparing the parts i take off with what i fit !