List of mods and figures AHU 90

Gunny110

Reaction score
Hi all, I was at scottyb5's last night sorting out my dials, when he said it would be an idea to ask if anyone has a 90 like myself, and see if they could list the mods they have and how each one effected it's power (figures) thanks all

TBH the first thing you need to do is get it converted to VNT turbo, then you can tune it like any 110 engine.

With the right bits you can see close to 200hp.

That's a big job is it not? Got to change all sorts just to get the turbo in there manifold ecu ect

yeh but without it theres little scope or point doing anything.

The stock turbo is tiny, and will limit you to around 120hp.

120hp can be achieved with some bigger injectors and you'd probably get away without even remapping it.

What I have done is a decat full muflerectomy air filter does nothing anyway lol, and I am having a chip done next week (plug n play) what do you think I have roughly?

I'd leave the chip and fit 0.216 or 0.230 nozzles instead. At least that way they're not wasted if you do decide you want more in the future and upgrade to a VNT turbo, and you'll get a similar result.

With the 0.216's and a bigger turbo you might see 160ish.

The 230's will go a bit more.

Darkside have the 230's for £150.

I can get 216 from a pd130 a4 can't i? (All b6's) and how hard is the job to do?

No, the PD injectors are totally different.

The 0.216's are fitted to 5 cylinder transporter vans.

Or you can buy the nozzles new from somewhere like Darkside. If you buy the nozzles, you probably need to have them installed into the injector body by a pro, as they need set up. Once you've got the assembled injector, you simply remove the old ones and fit the new ones, a fairly basic spanner job.

What injectors are in the b6 as people have said to take the injectors out of them.

I did see them on eBay and was just asking if anyone had spare. I look into it Aragon as I don't know of anywhere that will do it in Cornwall