I want your faulty electronics
Once you've sat down and sort your loom out or made the adaptor you also need to the fit the sump with oil level sensor and route that back to where the clocks are.
Its just 3 cables, power, earth and signal.
With all that done, its time to sit down and do some programming to get your keys working and your rev counter.
First off you need the SKC code for your new clocks. You can do this if you or a mate has VAG tacho or VAG commander.
When you got the SKC you can follow these instructions.
- While adapting each key, make sure to place the other keys away from the ignition lock (reader coil). The passenger seat is an adequate place.
- You must have all of the keys you intend to be able to use, including the valet key if you have one.
- Battery voltage at least 12.5 V.
[17 - Instruments]
[Login - 11]
- 4-digit PIN
- Enter zero followed by the 4-digit PIN. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
- [Do It!]
[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 21 in "Channel Number".
The "Stored Value" is the number of keys currently matched.
Enter a "new value" corresponding to the total number of keys to be matched, including any existing keys.
Any old keys are automatically being cleared. All keys, including existing keys, must be matched at the same time.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
Note: The above steps must be completed within 60 seconds after saving the Adaptation!
- Repeat the following steps until all Keys have been matched:
- Switch Ignition OFF and remove Key.
- Insert the next Key and switch Ignition ON.
- The Immobilizer Warning Light will light up for ~2 seconds, wait until it goes out, indicating that the key has been matched.
That should get your key coded to your cluster and if everything else is plugged in and working, it should start and run the car but you will get errors about oil pressure cause your rev counter is not working.
with VCDS out and still connected, go back to the clocks, go to adaptation, channel 60.
Channel 60 should be Can-bus power train, I think this label depends on what version of VCDS you are using.
Hopefully when the little help box pops up you should see something like this.
My cluster was set to 01025 but by changing it to 0 it got the revs working.
Hopefully this will be the same for everyone else.
You will have some cables left over and the odd cable that has no where to go in the PFL loom and visa-versa.
I've not noticed any thing not working due to these cable.
The only cables that will have no where to go that you might want are the door, boot and bonnet signal cables.
These are basic earth cables, you earth them and it thinks that door is open.
I've not wired these up yet but I will be wiring them in to the pin switches to get them to work.
You will have a disc cable left over, that one can just be earthed and ignored, unless you want to wire that up but I don't think its needed.
I also think this is the same process for the A3 8Ls but hopefully I will find out next year and report back.
That's pretty much it.
I'm not sure what else is needed?