abs problem

bouncer117

Reaction score
hi just wondering if anyone can help me. abs light is on so ive scanned it with my code reader and got 00285 which is front right abs sensor. does anyone know if it is likely to be the sensor its self that needs replacing or if it is the abs ring? I recently had to have a new abs ring on the rear right due to the old 1 being badly corroded, so im guessing that it is a similar problem. any help will be appreciated.

ok thought id just get a 2nd opinion. thanks v much. are there any rings you would recommend quality wise?

i've never seen or heard of a front ring fail.

For the sake of £15 i'd be tempted to stick an ABS sensor on it first.

ebay.

I've used a few cheap ebay sensors and never had a problem with any of them.

Just search for the part number.

The only issue with the front is that you might destroy the wee brass sleeve thing getting it out, and they are dealer only.

just looking at the 1s on ebay and there seems to be 2 types 1 has 3 connections the other only has 1, any idea which 1 I should get?

Is your car equipped with brake wear sensors ? If yes then you need the ABS sensor with 2 plugs, if you don't have wear sensor then you need ABS sensor with 1 plug. For the sake of it i would get one from ECP or car parts4less... As above, you will need a copper sleeve which is about a tenner at dealer/TPS.

been and got the sensor today thanks for everyones help.

is the copper sleeve only available from main dealer as they want best part of £30 for it?

Sleeve is part number 443927817 and is dealer only.

The retail price is £15 though. Not sure why they're saying £30.

i think the guy i saw on Saturday just got it wrong because the guy i saw today only charged me £17 which i was quite happy about