Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: Whats best?

Neutral

Status

Whats best?

Hi all, i have my v reg audi QTS for sale...well im not sure what to do. Last year i started to modify it, putting FMIC DE CAT, Full Milltek exhaust, V Maxx coil overs all round and poly bushes on the rear as well a a dvd player in side, 18" alloys and a good clean up. But then i bought a house....which comes with a mortage. Now i have no money and no money to put back into the car! over the past few months ive come to realise i need to let her go so seeing whats the best thing to do. I can strip her down and sell for bits? i have the original bits still (CAT, SUSPENSION,RADIO,ALLOYS) so could bolt those parts back on then sell or just sell the whole lot as one big bundle? what do you think?

Now ill be totall honest and say whats wrong with her

The clutch pedal is high.....its not slipping but its high non the less, the ABS light is on and always has been and i sort of ran over my own car key in some elses car.

The key and coded fob are seperated but you can still start the car as all you have to do is touch the two together and it goes.

what do you think people? im only looking to get £1800 to £2000 out of all this.

Thanks for your help. Matt

2. # ADS
    ADS

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Clutch pedals on B5 are naturally high so dont worry unless it starts to slip.

abs is probably the module, which can be repaired or replaced for one with same part number.

tbh 1800-2000 is a bit high as the price of these seems to have dropped id probably put the original parts back on sell the car for 1200-1400 and sell the uprated parts seperate !!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    Right yea wasn't sure about the price......but you think bolt all the original bits back on. Cheers mate

5th Gear

Status
    Were are you based? Id buy a few bits. And putting standard parts on makes it less personalised which means you will attract a wider audience .

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status
    Yeah you could it might tempt someone and you recoup some cash back from them, or you could buy a cheap runabout and just take it off the road till funds for modding are more readily available !!

this is my plan as with the new born on the way and having no money at the minute im going to look at getting a 1.4tdi polo for commuting and get the old TQS refreshed as best i can !!
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Neutral

Status
    I'm in camberley Surrey...I know part of me is thinking of sorning it cause I think in about 6 months maybe a year ill have free money again. And I do love her to pieces! It's a hard one. But I was thinking of getting a 200 pound runabout till I'm on my feet. It's not like I have no where to store her....I hate money!! Lol

but you have a little one on the way? Then your in the same position as me....skint! Lol

5th Gear

Status
    Well if you do. the exhaust if you have the standard one and the fmic. If you remove it

Neutral

Status
    I would also be interested in the exhaust and especially the decat, also what wheels are they?

Neutral

Status
    The wheels are off a 58 plate TT 18" by 9J.... I have a previous thread with pics on everything I've done cheers guys for your offers....ill have to seriously consider my options

oww! my giant blue head!

Status
    I would be interested in the wheels if you were willing to post, drop me a PM when you decide what you're doing
    Audi S4 (B5) - JUST ARRIVED :D
    Audi S3 (8L) - GONE
    Audi A3 SE (8L) - GONE

2nd Gear

Status
    Keep it!!
    mine has been retired from active duty and is currently on a SORN whilst I sort a few bits. I brought a house last year and got a nipper on the way so money is tight, but the way I see it the car doesn't owe anything so if it costs 500-1000 a year to keep it running, I can live with that.
    1999 1.8TQS Saloon in Black/Dirt
    1999 1.8TQS Saloon in Silver Breaking