Sqeaking drivers door and clicking seat rails

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
Two niggly faults - the drivers door being the worst, I have to wait for people to pass me in the car park before opening up the door of the Audi - CREEEEEAAAAAK!

The squeak/creak appears to be coming from the top hinge, only in cold weather - is it just a WD40 job or should it be lubricated in another way?

The second problem is a click from the seat rails when I go round a corner - is there anything obvious I should tighten?

Kev.

My driver's door creaked for ages. I used a combination of WD40 & spray-grease. Eventually it went away.

Can't help on the seat rail thing, other to suggest you only drive on straight roads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Can't help on the seat rail thing, other to suggest you only drive on straight roads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It would take along time to get home!

Kev.

My drivers door used to do exactly the same, a bit of spray grease firmly worked into the hinge sorted it out...

You'll have to take a look under the seat to ascertain whether the seat rails are loose and if so just tighten up whatever you find loose! Can't be of any more help than that I'm afraid!

[ QUOTE ]
My drivers door used to do exactly the same, a bit of spray grease firmly worked into the hinge sorted it out...

You'll have to take a look under the seat to ascertain whether the seat rails are loose and if so just tighten up whatever you find loose! Can't be of any more help than that I'm afraid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tim.

I've looked under the seats but there is very little space - I just wondered if this might of been a common problem with a well known solution.

Kev.

Yeah I know what you mean re. space! Shove your hand under there and have a good feel about whilst someone else tries rocking the seat for you, you may get lucky and keep all your fingers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks Tim.

I've looked under the seats but there is very little space - I just wondered if this might of been a common problem with a well known solution.

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I have a similar issue with mine especially while cornering, except that it makes a squeaking noise. Like you said there's very limited space under the seat so it makes it hard to assess and identify where the noise is coming from.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mine squeaks if while I'm driving I decide to move to get myself into a more confortable position! Maybe it's that I've eaten too much over xmas!!

[ QUOTE ]
Mine squeaks if while I'm driving I decide to move to get myself into a more confortable position! Maybe it's that I've eaten too much over xmas!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
You fat b@stard, you fat b@stard
You ate all the pies!!!!!!!

Careful now Jeff... it seems Kevin has developed a rash... oh actually, wait a minute! That Red thing isn't a rash after all, he's a Mod now! I feel a 7 or 14 coming on if comments like that one persist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But serioulsy though Kev, scrape some of that grease of your plate and that should lube the seat just fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Some time the seatbelt lock arm can make a noise (strange I know but it does happen).

Or check that the slide control runner as the whit/yellow looking rubber plastic grommet thing on there as this will cause probs too, or grease up the runners

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
You fat b@stard, you fat b@stard
You ate all the pies!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They were very nice too, upset cause I didn't leave you any?? It's alright, no need to cry about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

As I have a free day tomorrow I'll give the door hinge a lube and see what I can do about the seat - I hope it's dry tomorrow!

And thanks for you're ever so helpful comments Tim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.