Light Upgrades....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlies604

Reaction score
Hi all, iv got a 95 a4, its got an H4 bulb in each side. with a bayonet cap side light. The H4's do main and dipped.

Question is, how much work is involved to go to projectors or sumit like that... i think they use H7's yeah?
One main/ one dipped where the side?
whats needed? Can i just move the wires into new H7 holders?
Is there more work, or lots less and im just bein thick?

And am i right in thinkin that the One piece sets from the facelift fit with sum cutting of the body?

Cheeeers all!

Charlie

Some serious modding is required to fit facelift model single piece headlights to a pre model. I would suggest that you buy aftermarket projectors that are made for the car. There are millions on e bay for around 150. You get new bulbs etc, just plug and play. Also you have a nice black car, the black projectors look better and meaner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Angel.jpg

Not as big a job as you may think...Just done the same thing on my A3, and it took me about 2.5-3 hours. Just have to cut a small ibt from the inner wing and make up a intermediate loom between the harness in the car, and the headlight plug. The plug socket and wires should be removable from the old headlights (was on the A3) so you can use this to convert old to new without modifiying the original loom in the car.

CHEAP OE HEADLIGHTS!

This is where i got mine from, and they are great! about a third the price they are from a dealer!

Its worth going for these as they are OE quality... Some aftermarket projectors are just crap.

Rich

This is all well and good guys... and its good info.

But iv only got 1 bulb in my headlights.... all these seem to have 2 bulbs!
My one bulb does main and dipped, and a poxy lil 5w thing for running lights.

Its not an issue. Its an H, which has 2 12v wires, and 1 single ground. The ground is doubled up, and each 12v goes to each bulb.

RIch

SO i just get more plugs and rewire then? Doesnt sound so bad!!
Where can i find the plugs for these?

This is a quick pick of what they look like...

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

You can buy the plugs from audi for a couple of ££ each..along with the correct wires to fit in the plugs.

have you got any pictures of how to make a loom I have both connections old and new just don't know how to make the loom

Status
Not open for further replies.