Help me decide on which wheels

• Thread starter imported_Donald_MacIver
  • Start date
I

imported_Donald_MacIver

I have sold my 18" RS6 reps to a mate of mine, and i am now driving around on the 15" SE alloys :eek: I need to decide quicly on my new wheels. I have decided to go for 19" but i can tecide to get the RS6 style again or to go for the A8 style wheels. Any ideas? Not too keen on aftermarket style rims, would rather stick with the oe look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Pic of each wheel below.

RS6 Type
a4sidesmall.jpg

A8 Type
A4RS8rimsshopped.jpg

The 19" rs6 reps look so much better, also easier to clean, just get low pro tyres. I have 235/35/19 on mine and they look great, not many other types of alloy suit the B5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then slam it!

Do you think so? I don't think they look too bad. Thing is, i have had the RS6 style and i am fairly bored of that look now as there are loads of other cars around with the RS6 wheels. Same goes for the RS4 original 9 spoke - too many sets around so too common. I am not keen on the new 2005 style RS4 wheel as it looks too much like an aftermarket wheel, so that narrows the choice down to the A8 type, which i think looks different. Thing is, although i like the A8 type wheel, i am not sure if it would suit my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone have any alternative wheels on the A4 that i can look at? Pics would be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The 19" rs6 reps look so much better, also easier to clean, just get low pro tyres. I have 235/35/19 on mine and they look great, not many other types of alloy suit the B5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then slam it!

[/ QUOTE ]

19" RS6 is an option, as i had the 18" RS6 and they looked a tad too small. My previous car, a Vectra B, had 19" Team Dynamics K2 wheels fitted.

Any pics of your B5 with the 19" RS6 reps? How much have you got it lowered by? I have a set of GSF 40mm lowering springs on mine now although not on the car in the above pic.

The A8's dont suit the shape at all, i have seen a b5 with them on and its horrible. Just a suggestion maybe spray they a different colour. Or i have seem a few with audi ring stickers on one of the spokes which doesnt look tooo bad.... :p

I dont think any after market alloy suits the a4 except these hehe

something really wrong with the second picture, no question between the two it has to be rs6

Heres a pic

Full.jpg

You need low pro tyres, i have 235/35/19 on mine and it make a huge difference, it makes the wheel stand out more and you can also lower it more. At the moment it sits about 60mm lower at the back and 50 at the front, soon to be lower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You need low pro tyres, i have 235/35/19 on mine and it make a huge difference, it makes the wheel stand out more and you can also lower it more. At the moment it sits about 60mm lower at the back and 50 at the front, soon to be lower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like that look actually, just thought i would look at the other options. I know what you mean about how difficult it is to find a wheel that suits the B5. The other reason i am considering the A8 wheels is that they are double drilled, and i am looking at the possibility of an A3 or a Seat Leon as my next car, and it would be nice to keep the wheels for the next car.