Phantom_A4

Reaction score
Hiya guys, I'm not sure where to post up that i'm new, so i thought i'd pop it up here.

Just browsing the web, came accross this site, not sure why i haven't found it before, i currently have a 1998 A4 B5.

Here's a few pics of it too, not much done to it at the moment. Any comments, good or bad are appreciated. Also i know the K&N air filter is a nice heat soaker, just can't afford the CDA airbox atm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Full.jpg

Angel.jpg

FrontLight.jpg

RearAngled.jpg

Badge.jpg

Together.jpg

[
InCarNeonShot.jpg

Engine.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Nice and clean that,those interior neons are well bright

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a camera trick, leave the shutter open longer and it absorbs more light. Also how you can take a picture of you car whilst its parked and see lights shooting past in the background /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Welcome Phantom !
nice motor like tha angel eyes headlights also like the angle of the of some of the shots.
i noticed you have a V6 what is the engine size 2.4,2.6 or 2.8?

Hiya, its only a 2.4 2wd. I see you have a 2.4 aswell. There aren't as many tuning options available for these compared to the 1.8t. But they sounds gorgeous with a decent air filter and exhaust system. Getting a BMC Carbon airbox soon, to replace my heat soaker and a miltek cat back system. Hopefully will roar after that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hiya, its only a 2.4 2wd. I see you have a 2.4 aswell. There aren't as many tuning options available for these compared to the 1.8t. [ QUOTE ]

tell me about it!!! how much was the K&N Kit?

Very nice! Where do you get those headlights from?? I like those, how much do they cost? & are they brighter to see at night that the standard ones.

Very nice car, welcome!

The K&N is brilliant for the money, it cost about £70 a few months ago, seen a few on e bay, uses the same as the 2.8. It absolutely at about 3-5k!

The lights are excellent much brigther tha the normal ones, and i guarantee these are a bolt off bolt on job, there is no modding required and fits lovely, you just need to adjust the light angle when fitting. the only thing you will need to do is re wire the light to get the blue rings to glow and remove the power wire for the normal yellow sidelight it comes with (Takes 10 minutes each one) They cost about £200 a few months back, should have dropped in price. I also had the old yellow angel eyes as you can see, which consisted of 4 bulbs per circle, these often blew. Whereas these are full rings and havent gone wrong since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Theres some on e bay at the moment for about £140!!! Damnit lol

Just search 'Audi A4 Projectors'

Looking good!! Can i just ask your car looks slammed! Are those rims running on standard suspension or lowered...

It's a mixture of the suspension and the wheels. Its sitting on FK high sport coilovers (from www.europerformance.co.uk) about a 60 mm drop all round, absolutely amazing suspension, only thing is they dont come with uprated top mounts, you have to buy them seperate as old ones usually knock. Also the 19" rs6's help to even the gap all round the arch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Have to say I like those headlights!
Are they 1 piece; if so did you have to make any mods to the front wing to get them to fit?
Any idea of the brand, there seem always to be loads on Ebay, from Europe and Canada, as well as the UK?.........

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The K&N is brilliant for the money, it cost about £70 a few months ago, seen a few on e bay, uses the same as the 2.8. It absolutely at about 3-5k!

[/ QUOTE ]

ive had a look can find one sutible if anyone see them pop up please post thanks

Cool car mate.

Loving the wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Where did you get the uprated topmounts from? And for how much?

As i have FK's on order and i may as well get the top mounts at the same time to prevent any knocking.

Cheers.

Welcome to the board Phantom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lovely looking car dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I've just taken a quick look on ebay for those lights...

These have the yellow indicator

These don't... and as you can see they have the added label of EURO in the heading... I'm guessing the first ones are aligned for the US market and the second ones are aligned for the euro market..?

Cheers

Tim

Fantastic! Thanks for the info & links for the lights

welcome to forum, your cars lookin very crisp but you need to change those orange side indicators!!!

Phantom,

I like your car. I'm also well impressed with the quality of the photos. Did you take them yourself?

What kind of camera are you using? Did you rotate the camera or did you rotate them on your PC?

Cheers

Alan

Already posted those above dude.

They also have the EURO version which I'm guessing is aligned differently... didn't previously notice but they actually both have yellow indicators.

They look nice though huh? Seriously wishing I hadn't spent so much over christmas now! Good choice there by the newbie...

Good choice newbie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for all your quality comments!

The lights are euro marked and do point slightly to the right instead of the left.

The pictures were taken by a friend of mine in Horsham Carfax car park (Brilliant quiet underground part) with a £700 digi cam of some sort, as he explained to me several times :p

As for the xenon, i am not to sure if you can fit them in or not to be honest, i belive it would require a bit of modding though!

Unfortunately the electronic adjustment doesnt work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif neither do the kerb lights if you have them, but then these light up the road so nicely, and have a really cool purple tint on the large bulb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello mate, sorry for the really late reply, i just took it to rnr in colgate and they fitted new top mounts for me as the oldies were knocking (they took me for a drive in it) now its silent as anything. Not sure if they are standard new ones or uprated, paid £140 all in to get them fitted/adjusted to right height.

Hope this helps, any more questions, give us a shout!